VisionTek GoDrive 480GB

News Team

i'm a bot and you're not
Mar 16, 2007
We've said for quite some time that the biggest performance increase you'll see in a system upgrade these days it moving to a Solid State Drive. With a larger capacity to suit those with such needs, and coming with a very attractive price tag of $400, the VisionTek GoDrive 480GB looks rather enticing. But what about performance? Can this SSD put up numbers worthy of the price? Let's find out.

More...

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor_Death

Banned
Apr 25, 2008
Kind of surprised on the great value award, the last time we reviewed the go drive, it reveived Great Hardware

saturn97

Banned
Jun 25, 2013
I would love a higher capacity SSD. Right now the prices are still too high for me for the larger units. We are slowly seeing the transition now from OEM MFG's installing them in all new systems. So exciting, which means the prices will continue to slowly drop. I am really anticipating the new pci-e ssd's. There won't be a limit to the Sata III 6Gb/s data transfer speed. I'll wait for more info on them before I make my next SSD purchase.

vinman

Feb 15, 2010
Great review and a nice drive at a very good price 4 1/2 stars for a very affordable drive with lots of capacity

realneil

Sep 23, 2011
That capacity is nice to have. You get solid performance and some elbow room too. I like it.
Great review Jake!

jackjack

Oct 11, 2012
Great honest Review Jake :thumbsupbig: my first and only SSD i own capacity is 120GB SSD :hatepc: take my kidney for VISIONTEK GODRIVE 480GB. SSD!

Bill Barnes

Jul 6, 2012
That was a great review Jake! Its not the fastest drive on the market but "Price to Performance" I would love to have this GO Drive in my RIG! I got a 40 gig ADATA in one of my RIGS as my OS Drive and even it being a smaller drive it still has a marked performance increase over mechanical drives which of course I intend on changing it just like everything else LOL just holding off little longer on price and at least replace it with at least a 250 gig SSD! LOL I got to get rid of the 40 gig drive though it,s embarressing!!Good for storing files but NOT for OS drive! This is emabarressing to I did not know VisionTek made SSD,s But Im old and had 2 brain surgeries so thats the excuse Im going to use!:shrug::brick: