SuperPi for GPU's arriving within a month

Ciro

Jun 17, 2006
As most of you are no doubt aware, CUDA is a Nvidia software development kit, so as it currently looks, this will be an Nvidia-only benchmark.

12mmChillFactor

Apr 3, 2008
As most of you are no doubt aware, CUDA is a Nvidia software development kit, so as it currently looks, this will be an Nvidia-only benchmark.

Well yeah that's just what you could expect from Nvidia. Of course it would be weird to implement other manufacturers in their own benchmarking utility, but unless they're afraid of the competition, i don't see a reason not to. :p

fuflo

Dec 16, 2005
well personally i don't know much about ati/amd at all, BUT cuda is a framework for designing software to run on nvidia gpu. anyone can get cuda and develop anything they wish. i know a guy who made md5 cracking utility with that. and the speed is amazing. 150Mhashes / sec with my configuration. compared to 9Mhash/s on most powerful consumer cpu ( i don't remember exactly which, i know it was intel though )

12mmChillFactor

Apr 3, 2008
well personally i don't know much about ati/amd at all, BUT cuda is a framework for designing software to run on nvidia gpu. anyone can get cuda and develop anything they wish. i know a guy who made md5 cracking utility with that. and the speed is amazing. 150Mhashes / sec with my configuration. compared to 9Mhash/s on most powerful consumer cpu ( i don't remember exactly which, i know it was intel though )

Oh ok! That's cool! I gotta look into that when I get the time :p

Thx for the enlightening! :D

ARCTIC

Latest posts