such an ordeal first ssd

automaton

Aug 29, 2011
I was planning on the 256 samsung 830 but the more i read about the ssd upgrade oy
must the bios be flashed and the achi drivers be updated
I am forced to use a tech and after i buy the ssd and windows 7 then pay for the install I can only imagine what they will try to charge for bios and drivers
mightnt it be cheaper to just buy another raptor and run them in raid 0
Also Im leaning toward a more expensive 128 gb ssd like plextor m5pro I am not going to do this until december
also hoping the plextor has a good performance record by then
What should I do?:rofl:

SamCR3

Jul 2, 2011
I'm not exactly sure what you are taking about. If the bios needs a flash and you have to update the achi drivers, you should be able to download and install both from your mobo manufacturer's website. Simple job; no need for tech assistance. Then install the ssd in your rig, install Windows on it, and you are good to go. Whole job should take about 30-60 minutes.

Get the Plextor. It's a fantastic drive. Go with the 256GB version of the M5 if you can afford it. If not, the 128GB drive will work great for OS, your programs and a game or two.

automaton

Aug 29, 2011
I am not that techno
prefer to have tech do install and upgrade
after win 7 is installed I if neccesary could try bios and achi drivers trepidously:rock:

Doctor_Death

Banned
Apr 25, 2008
I'm from Mass, Somerset, Mass, born and raised, Somerset's about 20mins outside Providence RI, and 6-8 mins from Fall River, but I live in PA now, been here a little over 11 yrs.

SamCR3

Jul 2, 2011
I am not that techno
prefer to have tech do install and upgrade
after win 7 is installed I if neccesary could try bios and achi drivers trepidously:rock:

Don't go to a shop. Buy the drive and we can walk you thru the installation process. It is very easy.