realneil

Sep 23, 2011
It's nice for the price,......If I was going with a high end and hot running CPU, I would budget for a more capable cooling solution.
It's hard to beat $30.00 for decent cooling though.

Drdeath

Banned
May 8, 2010
It's nice for the price,......If I was going with a high end and hot running CPU, I would budget for a more capable cooling solution.It's hard to beat $30.00 for decent cooling though.
Neil, the problem with a better cooler is clearance over the dimm slots with larger memory modules. On the X79 platform, this is not an issue but with LGA1155, it will be even with this cooler. Memory modules like the Ripjaws fit however, there is a few handul of larger modules that will not.I like this cooler because the size and price. I bet it cools better than the Hyper212+ and looks to do a better job.

realneil

Sep 23, 2011
Neil, the problem with a better cooler is clearance over the dimm slots with larger memory modules. On the X79 platform, this is not an issue but with LGA1155, it will be even with this cooler. Memory modules like the Ripjaws fit however, there is a few handul of larger modules that will not.I like this cooler because the size and price. I bet it cools better than the Hyper212+ and looks to do a better job.

By "a more capable cooling solution" I meant that I would probably go with a H80 or even an Asetek with a 240mm radiator. Yes, a lot more money, but you usually get what you pay for. We already know that a closed-loop water pump & rad does not interfere with your RAM sticks, even if you buy the very tall modals.

I'm aware that there are some air coolers that will out perform an H80 setup, but you'll have to adjust your other system specs to accommodate a large and chunky cooler too.
It's a trade off.

ARCTIC

Latest posts