Skyguy

OC Jedi Master
Jun 10, 2008
Pitcairn is the codename for this bourgeois of AMD's graphics card lineup, and it brings the Radeon 7850 and 7870. Today we're interested in the latter, and specifically we're examining the PowerColor PCS+ 7870. It comes with core speeds well over a GHz, and also comes with a customized air cooler to tame the temperatures that often come with higher speeds.

View attachment 2385

Click PowerColor PCS+ 7870 for the full review.

realneil

Sep 23, 2011
As time goes on, my pair of GTX570's are starting to become a little long in the tooth. Pretty soon they'll have to go into the ~same~ computer just to keep up.
This truly is a nice Video card. And now that we have the 7870's surfacing, we can expect to see a lot of Radeon HD7870's from all of our favorite companies with a lot of little performance tweaks too.
When you consider all of the new CPU and Motherboard platform offerings from Intel, and the way that SSD drives are advancing their technology, we're living in an exciting time. I feel like a kid in a candy store.

This review was a good read, and it showed me that I really do have to start considering some newer video cards now.
There's no reason not to want cards like this.
Thanks Jake.

ARCTIC

Latest posts