Photos

killjoyjim

Dec 4, 2011
I have talked to them off & on by e mail. As of October they have had some setback's. Was nothing ready for the public yet.

Doctor_Death

Banned
Apr 25, 2008
Jim is no longer with us, I had to let him go, however if you still want one of your chillers reviewed, please let me know and I'll send you shipping and contact information for another reviewer.

ccold

May 5, 2012
Hi all. We had some issues internally in the company. Our chief engineer had to leave the company and it put a pause on the project until we were able to find someone to replace him. About 3 weeks ago we were able to get the project back on track and we are close to completing the first beta unit for internal testing. Assuming that goes well, we will proceed to build add'l betas to send out. Be assured that we are still alive and kicking, and working hard with our limited resources to get this thing completed. Thanks for your patience and feel free to email us anytime with questions or concerns. info@compucold.com P.S. I re-posted this because the last one came out black and hard to read.

Doctor_Death

Banned
Apr 25, 2008
Thanks for the update ! I was wondering what happened. It's nice to hear that the project is back on track, please contact me when your ready to have a sample tested of reviewed, I believe you have my email address on file.

Thanks
Stan

vinman

Feb 15, 2010
Hi all. We had some issues internally in the company. Our chief engineer had to leave the company and it put a pause on the project until we were able to find someone to replace him. About 3 weeks ago we were able to get the project back on track and we are close to completing the first beta unit for internal testing. Assuming that goes well, we will proceed to build add'l betas to send out. Be assured that we are still alive and kicking, and working hard with our limited resources to get this thing completed. Thanks for your patience and feel free to email us anytime with questions or concerns. info@compucold.com P.S. I re-posted this because the last one came out black and hard to read.

Thanks Daren good to see your working it out and getting back on track, and Like Stan said please keep us posted on your progress

ccold

May 5, 2012
The compressor has some noise but not bad. The compressor is variable speed, so it gets louder when more cooling is needed, and will turn off when water reaches desired temp. There are plenty of fans that are louder. We'll get the experts opinions once I'm able to get the betas out.

ccold

May 5, 2012
BTW, if any gamers out there are interested in testing our live broadcasting site, go to www.allcast.com, open and account, and download the toolbar. We are currently open for free beta accounts. Toolbar also has some great recording features and upload to YouTube on its own, even if you are not interested in live broadcast. Recording is high quality, small file size, and no lag. We just released it so we can use some feedback. Also we have a bug that sets off some anti-virus programs. You can ignore those messages. We are trying to fix this for the next version. Feel free to tell your friends. Everything is free for now.

Doctor_Death

Banned
Apr 25, 2008
The compressor has some noise but not bad. The compressor is variable speed, so it gets louder when more cooling is needed, and will turn off when water reaches desired temp. There are plenty of fans that are louder. We'll get the experts opinions once I'm able to get the betas out.

A little noise is not bad as long as your getting excellent cooling results, besides, I'm willing to bet that the fans on some GPU's and louder that the noise coming from the compressor, so that's not bad at all.

ccold

May 5, 2012
You are right about that. We had a supermicro server in the shop running on air cooling and the fans from the server drowned out the noise from the compressor on the system next to it. it wasn't even close.

realneil

Sep 23, 2011
You are right about that. We had a supermicro server in the shop running on air cooling and the fans from the server drowned out the noise from the compressor on the system next to it. it wasn't even close.

Then it's not noisy at all,........:thumbsupbig:

ARCTIC

Latest posts