Next generation Radeon's to be "multi-core"

News Team

i'm a bot and you're not
Mar 16, 2007
Citing numerous articles over at Fudzilla, AMD's next generation graphics cards, which will feature the R700 core, will apparently be multi-core. Featuring either one, two or four cores on a single die will reportedly determine if the board is low, mid, or high-end, respectively. The site claim that with four or more "mini cores", one board could offer "three or even more times performance of RV670".

Read the full story here...

Gareth

Jul 4, 2006
What a good idea, wouldn't mind a quad core graphics card in SLi, that would be excellent!

Deton

OC Jedi Master
Dec 7, 2006
Yeah, why don't we ask the Hydro company to build us a mini power station in our backyard, in the bedroom, the office or wherever you're goint to put your rig. :D

Hey, expecting 1000kw PSU is a norm in the next couple years.

Yblad

Sep 15, 2007
agreed deton. Things are going to be getting expensive on the old electric bill.

smith

Dec 29, 2006
i dont see why it would use that much power at 45nm... the 55 nm 3870's only use 130 (i think) on load so i dont see why smaller transistors and smaller cores would use more power.

Yblad

Sep 15, 2007
yes but with 4 or more cores on each gpu, and up to 4 lots of that its going to be power hungry.

ARCTIC

Latest posts