Impermanent Screen Resolution

Sebastian42

Jan 21, 2013
Acer Aspire 2000 (Cl32) runs WinXP/Pro/Sp3 and can be set to display in its native resolution of 1280 x 800 from its ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 video card. However, when it reboots, it reverts to 640 x 480, and often blames an absent or corrupt video driver. My remedy is to UNinstall the video driver from Device Manager and reboot, but I'd like to have native resolution without going through this 'readjustment' at every reboot. Any suggestions ?

Beza

Jan 17, 2014
Welcome to PureOC Seb,

IMO if it's a recurring problem each time you boot i would re-install the lot, be sure to uninstall all ATI drivers associated with that card either 1 by 1 through control panel then it will prompt you to reboot.

or

got to "C:\AMD\Support" and you will see a file labeled with your driver version. Enter that and go down to the "setup" application file which will launch Catalyst Install/uninstall wizard, select "uninstall" then "custom" and be sure to only select those related to the graphic drivers (this includes Catalyst control panel) then reboot.

After restarting go to Download Drivers fill in relavent model info, then download and save the latest Beta or stable driver then open it which will launch the latest Catalyst Install/uninstall wizard and just follow the custom or express installation path.

Hope this helps sort it.

Cyberburnout

Jul 10, 2012
Acer Aspire 2000 (Cl32) runs WinXP/Pro/Sp3 and can be set to display in its native resolution of 1280 x 800 from its ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 video card. However, when it reboots, it reverts to 640 x 480, and often blames an absent or corrupt video driver. My remedy is to UNinstall the video driver from Device Manager and reboot, but I'd like to have native resolution without going through this 'readjustment' at every reboot. Any suggestions ?

Usually when things like this happens the chipset is starting to fail. Means it has been under too much heat for too long. Start looking for a new laptop is my thoughts.

ARCTIC

Latest posts