Heres a question

grumpydaddy

Folding Team Leader
Jan 20, 2008
I would think that you could use this in place of your hdd light so that in the off position the led will not be on but I would need to see the diagram of how this is intended to be wired to be sure.

When it comes to switching your main power on light you would need to put this or a single pole switch in the LED circuit ONLY to achieve a black rig (same is true of HDD light actually)

Building a small sliding shield over your lights might be just as easy and cheaper.

Lurkinwilli

Feb 15, 2012
Building a small sliding shield over your lights might be just as easy and cheaper.

Agree, But im going to make the case that i have wanting to build, i just started geting in to over clocking, and looking around in this world, and im amazed at what people can do, and it started makeing the gears turn, lol. as my wife would say "****, Hes got another Hobby" but what i am going to try to achive is a swtich that can turn on and trun off the HHD and the ON/OFF LED lights, but the case's out side will be black, with the inside a sort of blue. with white sleveing, i have so may ideas truning in my head, its not funny and found a few websights http://www.frozencpu.com/, http://www.mnpctech.com/ any outher ones that have parts for this matter plz share lol, i just have to find a case lol. but thank you for this and i am going to have to do some looking around for some diagram's or ill play trial and error. but cant wait!!

grumpydaddy

Folding Team Leader
Jan 20, 2008
I could sketch this easily but 1. no scanner on this rig and 2. not used so don't know about software sketching.... so....

Think of the switch as a break in a line, the led is probably wired between the side of the switch away from the power and ground (it will have a resistor in series with it) to turn it off you have to break that circuit so maybe breaking the line that goes to ground from the led would do it. However I need to double check where the led is wired in as the on off switch is momentary action on a pc so maybe the circuit is different.

Lurkinwilli

Feb 15, 2012
i think its something that can be trial and error, but does the power for the led control the power to complete the circurit? or does it run different, i could just branch it off a fan control, for led power to both.

grumpydaddy

Folding Team Leader
Jan 20, 2008
I believe that you need to insert switch in the line from front panel header to led in each instance which I feel is going to mean adding 2 simple switches (spst) Replacing the front panel switches with those similar to which you linked will not be an issue but the extra simple switches will still be needed

Here is a switch which if you mounted behind the front panel and drilled so that the push button is visible at the front it would be rather like the re-set buttons seen on antec cases. single pole single throw latching = one for each led

http://www.rapidonline.com/Electron...-78-0233/?source=googleps&utm_source=googleps

Using a double pole version would allow you to use one switch to shut off both led's (you just have to identify the switch ccts)

Lurkinwilli

Feb 15, 2012
yea, i was thinking the same thing with the switches. i would probly have them in a front pannel or in side, a drive bay door. or just in a alum plate.

Doctor_Death

Banned
Apr 25, 2008
Lurkinwilli, you need to do something about the screenshot that's in place of your sig, it's to large. You need to take it down to about 25% of the size it is now, it's taking up to much room in posts.

Thanks