Corsair Godzilla 900D Desktop Case Previewed

xelosia

Core Member
May 26, 2012
Corsair-Godzilla-900D-Desktop-Case-Previewed-2.jpg

Corsair will probably be loud and boisterous, insofar as a written press releases can be loud and boisterous, when it finally launches the 900D Godzilla full tower desktop chassis.

Until it gets around to that, though, we all can sit back and gaze upon all the relevant information concerning it, and a photo to boot.

Thanks to a leaked document, everything worth knowing about the case is now available for all to read.

The first thing that got to us is the size: 655 x 694 x 251 mm, or 25.78 x 27.32 x 9.88 inches. This means that all sorts of motherboards are supported, from ATX to E-ATX and then further, to XL-ATX and HP-ATX.

If the name wasn't enough, this alone is sufficient to cement the 800D Godzilla's status as high-grade, enthusiast-centric case.

Sure, overclockers will still carry out their tests on test benches they rig themselves, but it doesn't hurt to also have an oversized case to show off overpowered system configurations.

On that note, the newcomer has enough room on the inside to house two 480mm or 360mm water cooling radiators at once.

Moving on, there are 15 bays where hard disk drive units (HDDs) or solid-state drives (SSDs) can be placed, while 10 expansion slots allow for multi-GPU configurations and extra add-in boards on the side to boot.

Finally, the front panel offers four USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports and, of course, the headphone output and microphone input that no chassis can do without.

Unfortunately, though it isn't really a surprise, we do not know when Corsair will formally release this product, or what price it will want in return for each shipment. We are certain that the sum will be considerable. A mid-tower will appear alongside the 900D, as will an all-in-one watercooling kit.

Corsair Godzilla 900D Desktop Case Previewed - Softpedia

alan1476

Jan 15, 2010
Looks great but I cant move my 800D much less move that monster, it is nice though

Doctor_Death

Banned
Apr 25, 2008
Kevin posted this a few months back, please check past posts before before adding a duplicate post.

Thanks

Deliverance

Oct 28, 2011
CaseLabs is probably not happy about the name. They make the real Godzilla.

Anyhow.. Impressive style, unimpressive features.

SamCR3

Jul 2, 2011
Anyhow.. Impressive style, unimpressive features.

Why do you say the features are unimpressive? What more could you want? It natively supports multiple large rads without modifications, a huge quantity of drives, 4 USB 3.0 ports, etc. . . and it looks amazing. Quality will be top notch too I'm sure.

Deliverance

Oct 28, 2011
This isn't a photo (why it says it's a photo I dunno), it's a render. It won't include many of the details of the real thing, so we have to wait. And I may have to eat my words. Not enough details are given to call it impressive.

- Bragging that it can house a 480 rad is kind of sad. Many cases can do that, and many more with a little modding. If they boasted they could fit a 560, now that would be impressive. Only CL and Silverstone can do that as far as I know. But... they're calling this case "Godzilla". It needs to fit that ****ing description. Screw the 480 and 560 rads. It needs to hold my 840mm rad if they're going to call it "Godzilla".

- They say nothing of materials, so I assume like all other Corsair cases it'll be plastic and steel, which is in no way premium.

- I'm not sure what "HP-ATX" is. That term doesn't exist. The SR-2 is HPTX. Maybe that's what they meant? Guess we won't know until the case releases.

- 15 HDD bays? So what? What else are they gonna do with all that empty space? The important thing is, are they removable? Can you get an extra rad in the front, or are you stuck with ceiling and floor for rads?

- No fan controller mentioned? No power bar? How many PSUs can it hold? How many of the drives are hot-swap?

So yes, impressive style, unimpressive features list.

Deton

OC Jedi Master
Dec 7, 2006
It's not original idea....perhaps a little Godzilla vs Little Devil.

How's about 3x 480mm rad instead of two?

15 HDDs is only good if you use the case for a server.

big-tower-atx-hptx-reverse-black.jpg

alan1476

Jan 15, 2010
I like my 800D and 3 X 650D cases just fine, the 800D is way to big for me to carry now, this monster would need a crane.

Solara2xb

Apr 20, 2011
Its to early to tell what this case is going to offer.
They are still in the design stages.

So until we see the final design its hard to say whether its a good case or not, but my past experience with Corsair has always been positive so I can only assume that they continue that trend.
Allot of case makers out there offer almost the same features take or minus a few things.

However comparing a Corsair case to Case Labs or Little devil isn't relevant, as Corsair is more mainstream and will attract the attention of the avg. consumer unlike little devil and case labs.
Don't get me wrong, not that those aren't good cases. Case Labs offers great cases and quality, I should know, I have one.. but at nearly $500+ on a case but the time your done adding all the accessories it isn't your typical case. I have $700+ into my case labs case with the extra bays and hardware I needed to buy plus my paint job on it. This isn't the type of case you will see a joe smo walking into a local frys to get. Corsair will sell more unit just because they are main stream and thats what they intend to target.

If Corsair can price this kind of case in the $300 mark, they are going to get allot buyers. Little Devil cases run in the $400-500 range as well.
But we will see. But IMO, Corsair is in it to make money and mainstream clients are who they are after.

ARCTIC

Latest posts