Skyguy

OC Jedi Master
Jun 10, 2008
The Cooler Master HAF series has proven to be very popular and successful with enthusiasts, particularly those with water cooling dreams. The new HAF XM is a mid-tower that looks to continue that trend, with a slightly smaller size and a great price.

View attachment 2594

Click Cooler Master HAF XM for the full review.

Solara2xb

Apr 20, 2011
Nice!!! Looks like this case has good potential for some nice water cooling rigs..
I also like the bottom cable cover by the PSU. Nice touch to high the additional wires.

ReU_VOoDOo

Oct 12, 2011
Lol, my dam twin is back again! Great case. This one really can handle some serious equipment. I hope to see more cases of this caliber start popping up! Thanks for the compliments guys!

realneil

Sep 23, 2011
CM does it again. The bottom "PSU Cable Cover" is a long time coming and a great idea. It's not the only thing that I like about this case, but it's certainly a nice feature.
Great review and I like the photos too.

realneil

Sep 23, 2011
I like this case.

Any idea if its available for sale yet?

The only place that I found it listed at all was Fry's electronics and it was a pre-order at $129.99 US.

Shouldn't be long before it's out there and you will probably find it for less money too when the time comes.

Did one of the grommets on the back break?

One thing about CoolerMaster,....they have an active, robust parts service that works well.
I just ordered a part specific to a ~6 year old~ CM Centurion 690RC case and they had it in stock and shipped it the same day!:rock:They charged $14 bucks for the part and that included the shipping too.
This was all of the front connectors~~~~FireWire, USB, Speaker/Headphones, and Microphone, on one PCB ~with~ the cables too. (One of my USB connectors was snapped by a visiting child grabbing the USB cable and pulling on it)
Without them having it on hand for me to buy, I could not have continued to keep using a well thought out and nice looking case that still cools with the best of them.
So Polo, with CM, you can get the parts you need. :thumbsupbig:

Last edited:

killjoyjim

Dec 4, 2011
I just love the look of cm case's. Dont get me wrong I love my azza 4000. also. Thw xm lok's like it can do some greate water cooling.

Dawgdoc

Apr 23, 2012
Is there room in this case to accomodate a 360mm rad without any modding?

Im starting off with a 240mm rad just for CPU cooling, but might convert to adding the GPU in the loop in the near future and would like to upgrade to a 360mm rad when I do so, and would prefer to keep the same case without modding if possible.

Drdeath

Banned
May 8, 2010
Is there room in this case to accomodate a 360mm rad without any modding?

Im starting off with a 240mm rad just for CPU cooling, but might convert to adding the GPU in the loop in the near future and would like to upgrade to a 360mm rad when I do so, and would prefer to keep the same case without modding if possible.

You may have to move to the 932 HAF for a 360 rad. I think it is only $30 more.

869275351_640.jpg

realneil

Sep 23, 2011
Start with the 360Rad and add the GPU into the loop later on. You'll save a little money in the long run.
Some might consider using the 240Rad and then adding an additional 120Rad into the loop at the rear side once the GPU is connected.
Saves having to buy a giant case if you don't want one.

PoLoMoTo

Nov 26, 2011
The only place that I found it listed at all was Fry's electronics and it was a pre-order at $129.99 US.

Shouldn't be long before it's out there and you will probably find it for less money too when the time comes.

One thing about CoolerMaster,....they have an active, robust parts service that works well.
I just ordered a part specific to a ~6 year old~ CM Centurion 690RC case and they had it in stock and shipped it the same day!:rock:They charged $14 bucks for the part and that included the shipping too.
This was all of the front connectors~~~~FireWire, USB, Speaker/Headphones, and Microphone, on one PCB ~with~ the cables too. (One of my USB connectors was snapped by a visiting child grabbing the USB cable and pulling on it)
Without them having it on hand for me to buy, I could not have continued to keep using a well thought out and nice looking case that still cools with the best of them.
So Polo, with CM, you can get the parts you need. :thumbsupbig:

That's all fine and dandy but it really shouldn't have broken, I was just wondering if and why it broke.

realneil

Sep 23, 2011
That's all fine and dandy but it really shouldn't have broken,

We shouldn't have to deal with global warming either. Icky Spiders in our hair,.......but S*H*I*T happens sometimes.
CoolerMaster will provide a replacement part for a new case free of charge.

And Yeah,....it really-illy IS fine, and mofobie dandy too!

Last edited:
ARCTIC

Latest posts