Apple update to kill unlocked iPhones

News Team

i'm a bot and you're not
Mar 16, 2007
Recently an array of software has been released to free the iPhone from its AT&T woes. Apple has now made it clear that a future software update will result in unlocked iPhones "becoming permanently inoperable," and then noted that warranties will be void if such software is installed. Apple said that the hacks have "caused damage to the iPhone software," although many debate the claim...

Read the full story here...

El Chorizo

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 14, 2005
another reason to avoid Apple. I hope they never come out with a product i actually like as i don't want to ever give them a penny of my money.

Gareth

Jul 4, 2006
Apple don't make sense, why on earth would they cancel unlocked phones?!

docrock

Aug 1, 2006
Thats exactly why. AT&T have a contract with Apple. By Apple allowing people to unlock the phones and use other services it is taking money away from AT&T and probably would have opened up a lawsuit from AT&T against Apple if they had not taken steps to stop the hack.

Yblad

Sep 15, 2007
apple are idiots. Especially the ipod that people are so in love with.has anyone actually listened to the sound quality on it instead of being dazzled by the fancy features? the sound is flatter than a primary school brass band.ill stick to my samsung yp-z5 4gb thanks :)

Ciro

Jun 17, 2006
Bit off topic, but I've been eying these babies off for a while now. Defiantly looks like a great iPod alternative. The linked model is a bit expensive, but if you're after the 2GB one (like me) it's great value.

smith

Dec 29, 2006
apple are idiots. Especially the ipod that people are so in love with.has anyone actually listened to the sound quality on it instead of being dazzled by the fancy features? the sound is flatter than a primary school brass band.ill stick to my samsung yp-z5 4gb thanks :)

but you have to remember that with the ear bud headphones that most people have you cant get good sound quility. thats why i love my sound card and speakers on the pc.

Yblad

Sep 15, 2007
yer most people buy crap earphones.im going to buy some proper headphones when i have spare cash, the ones that are massive and fit around your ear instead of in it.the sound quality on them is great.

ARCTIC

Latest posts