290x black screen?

Cyberburnout

Jul 10, 2012
Green Team FTW!!!!

:rofl:

Oh wait...I just bought one of those 290X's off Kenny. Uh Oh....:unsure:...well, that's OK, it's going in the Boys machine so I've got an out.... Son: "Dad...my computer's broke..." Me: "What the hell did you do to it??? What did you download?" Works every time.

Be glad it was a 280x. Never a problem out of that one. Been running solid since the 280x launched. The 280X is great card for the price.

View attachment 7429
come to the green side.... Then we can rule together...
View attachment 7430
:rofl:​

Lol I will not abandon AMD all the way. Just needed to add another Nvidia card to the stable to round our bench gear. Still need one more Nvidia card. A 9XX. Going to hit my corner now to make that money. lol

Last edited:

Smiki007

Apr 5, 2011
... Just needed to add another Nvidia card to the stable to round our bench gear. Still need one more Nvidia card. A 9XX. Going to hit my corner now to make that money. lol
Wiki-prostitute.png

Hey, man, help me to get another GTX 9XX....
:rofl:

Ciarlatano

Dec 8, 2011
Haha I hope you are proud of yourself man! Now mine is back to booting to a black screen.. Has been fine for months until this morning. Didnt do any updates or anything. It's OK, this 290 has a replacement on the way. Say hello Evga 780 SC.

See this? I try to behave.....I didn't post "the easiest fix for the 290X heat issues is a GTX 970".....but now I really don't mind saying it.

triooas

May 12, 2021
What you might want to do is install a thermal monitoring application and then play a game with the thermal monitor running

micheal231

Jun 2, 2021
Well, I logged my temps and discovered that I'm crashing, most likely because my temps are hitting 98c on a stock NON overclocked 290x -_-, unless this is a driver issue, I've tried overclocking the card before and can't even hit 1100mhz on the core without getting anomalies, I guess it's time to revert back drivers. If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what else to do. Purchase a new card or RMA your old one.

ARCTIC

Latest posts