XSPC RayStorm CPU Water Block
Specifications and Package
The specifications for the RayStorm are as follows:
- Base Dimension: 56 x 56 x 3mm
- Material: Copper, Stainless Steel, Acetal and Arcylic
- Finishing: Polished black Acetal and Copper
- Weight: 152g
- Port: Standard G1/4”
- Accessories: K2 Thermal paste, LED lights, spring-load thumbscrews, Allen-key, Installation guide
- Compatibility: Intel LGA 2011/1366/1156/1155/775, (AMD mounts optional)
- Cost: $65
The XSPC RayStorm comes in a simple but elegant charcoal black box with the XSPC logo. It’s filled with all the goodies such as the backplates for IntelÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s platforms, two sleeved LED lights, a bag of thumbscrews, washers, and a syringe of K2 thermal paste. K2 is XSPCÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s brand name high performance thermal paste, containing 4.0 W/mK thermal conductivity materials, the exact composition which isn’t disclosed. It is the replacement for the generic white Zinc Oxide paste thatÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s often seen in XSPC blocks. The missing items from the goodies bag are the installation guide, and an Allen key (for block dissasembly, if you’re so inclined).
The RayStormÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s mounting mechanism is inherited from the vaunted XSPC Rasa block; included are the self-adhesive backplates, spring-load thumbscrews/nuts, washers and the two new items are the twin blue LEDs and K2 thermal paste.
Let’s take a closer look at the block.