If you swap out computer parts as much as I do, you learn to appreciate a tech station. The convenience of an open air test bench is brilliant. Highspeed PC is the true original of PC workbenches and for over a decade, they have been giving hardcore geeks easy access to their hardware. I will be building a XL-ATX Top Deck Station and showing how beneficial an open air test bench can be. The XL series is the best all-around PC test bench Highspeed PC offers and is highly customizable. Lets take a closer look at these claims, and see how an open air test bench can benefit you.
The XL tech station features:
- The Top Deck brings the motherboard to the top level for easy access.
- 10 Add-in card expansion slots! Perfect for your 4-Way SLI/Crossfire motherboard.
- Neoprene on the lower deck makes for a great removable static-free work mat and non-slip storage for your optical drives, PSU, etc.
- Convenient, easy access storage of hard drives in a slide-in rail system under the upper deck. Choose between 3.5″ or 2.5″ HDD during assembly. Swap anytime! Or add a second set of Drive Rails in the options above. Each set holds either two 3.5″ or three 2.5″ drives.
- 120mm cooling fan pushes air over both motherboard and hard drives, while two more are dedicated to video card cooling.
- Add-in card support brace keeps cards firmly planted. 10 Nylon thumbscrews included.
- Rubberized feet, and solid heavy duty bench materials keep the bench right where you want it.
- Non-conductive materials for static-free/ESD compliant environment.
- Sturdy, stable, and safe for storing and testing your gear.
- Very efficient footprint – XL-ATX Tech Station size: 15.75″w x 11″d x 13.5″h