Xigmatek S983 Nepartak
Features & Package
The Nepartak features Heatpipe Direct Touch (HDT) technology, which seems to be a big buzzword these days for heatsinks. While the Nepartak is a tower-style design like all top coolers, the HDT differs from "traditional" heatpipes in that these heatpipes directly touch the CPU instead of a plate. This should theoretically allow greater, more efficient heat transfer since the heatpipes do not have to be attached to a heat plate which can act as a barrier. This certainly is an innovative idea and seems a natural evolution of heatpipe technology, and we’ll see how it performs very soon.
According to Xigmatek, here are the major features of the Nepartak:
"Advanced technology of Heat-pipe Direct Touch (H.D.T.), Particular fin design and 3pcs Φ8 mm heat-pipe, NEPARTAK S983 provides outstanding heat dissipating efficiency and cooling performance. NEPARTAK S983, like other H.D.T. series coolers, is with the advantage of light weight, easy installation, anti-vibration, performance and user friendly."
The features for the Nepartak S983 are as follows:
- H.D.T. (Heat-pipe direct touch) technology.
- Particular fin design creates most effective air convention.
- Anti-vibration rubber design.
- 3pcs Φ8mm efficient heat-pipes.
- Outstanding performance & easy installation.
- 92mm highly efficient PWM fan.
- Light weight.
The specifications for the Nepartak S983 are as follows:
- Product Number: CAC-S9HH3-U03
- Compatibility: AMD 754/939/940/AM2/AM2+, Intel 775/1366
- Heatpipes: 3 x 2 Copper heat pipes, 8mm diamater
- Material: High grade aluminum alloy fins, copper heatpipes
- Fan Size: 92mm x 92mm x 25mm
- Fan Speed: 1200-2800 RPM
- Bearing Type: HYPRO Bearing
- Air Flow: 52 CFM (Max)
- Air Pressure: 3.7 mmH2O (Max.)
- Noise Level: 20-28 dBA
- Fan Connector: 4 pin with PWM
- Fan Colour: Black
- Dimensions: 99.52(W) x 62.74(H) x 134(D) mm
- Weight: 643g (with fan)
The packaging of the cooler is nicely done and it seems that Xigmatek has ventured from their standard charcoal grey and black scheme, instead going with a white box and black and brown accents this time. There is adequate information to let you know the basics about the product. When you open the box you will see that the cooler and fan are packed in very well.
The accessories are extensive and well-made, there are all the necessary mounting brackets for various AMD and Intel sockets, rubber fan mounting grommets, installation manual, and thermal paste. The Nepartak is indeed compatible with Core i7 Socket 1366 by means of a separate backplate, so we’ll be testing that platform today.
Here we see the packaging and accessories of the Nepartak:
Let’s take a closer look at the heatsink itself.