VIZO Luxon & Arius EX
Arius EX: Specs & Package
The Arius EX is a 3.5” internal SATA HDD enclosure, fitting all 5.25” bays. It’s got a locking latch to hold the hard drive within the rack, and when unlocked, it takes only one finger to open it. In the back of the rack rests an HDD ejection bar, this arm sits flush with the back of the rack when the front door is closed, and pushes the drive out as the door is opened.
- Light weight / Huge quantity storage
- Support hot swappable
- Security lock included
- Easy to open with one touch
- Patented tool-free design for rapid HDD installation
- With guide wire design, HDD can be slid into rack easily
- Optimal steel frame design for excellent heat dissipation
- Silicon rubber HDD anti-vibration structure provides extra protection on HDD
- Unique scratch-proof SATA connector , more than 50,000 times plug / ejection
- Data Transfer Rate : 6 Gb / Sec
- Drive Type : 3.5 " SATA I / II Hard Disk Drive
- Housing Material : Stainless & Plastic
- Interface Host : SATA ( 7 pin )
- Indicators : Power on, Drive activity
- Weight : 305 g ( without Drive )
- Dimensions : 184 (L) x 149 (W) x 42 (H) mm
- System Requirement : Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista, MAC OS X
Strange that they list the transfer rate of data to be 6Gb/s, but the highest SATA supported is SATA II, which has a max bandwidth of 3Gb/s. SATA III will support 6Gb/s, but it is not currently supported by the Arius EX.
The Arius EX came well packaged: in a cardboard shell, inside a cardboard box, inside of the printed exterior box. It included: SATA data cable, 4-pin molex to SATA cable, with a smaller plug for the LED on the unit, screws for securing the unit into the chassis, keys for the lock, and the unit itself. I’m rather surprised by the lack of a disk that often contains prerequisite and unnecessary bloatware, but I’m not complaining.