Specifications and Package
Below are the key features and specifications of the VisionTek GoDrive 240GB:
- SandForce SF-2200 series SSD processor paired with qualified MLC NAND flash for best performance, value and reliability
- Dura Class technology
- Dura Write extends the endurance of SSDs
- Best-in-class ECC protection for longest data retention and drive life
- ECC Recovery: Up to 55 bits correctable per 512-byte sector (BCH)
- O/S Support: Windows XP, Vista, 7, & 8; Mac OS; Linux – TRIM support (Windows XP not supported)
- Power/performance balancing
- Sequential Read & Write Transfer: Up to 550MB/s Read, 500MB/s Write
The GO Series drives comes in 60GB, 120GB, 240GB, and 480GB models, each with a 3 year warranty, and packaged in a simple clear plastic clamshell in this instance. Today we’re looking at the 240GB model. Note the prominent display of 7mm low profile design; this is the distinguishing feature of this GoDrive, unlike most other SSDs on the market which are 9.5mm high.
The rear contains a bit more information on how to actually use the drive, which avoids a separate User’s Guide, it would seem. Inside the clamshell is simply the drive; no accessory package to mention.
Let’s take a closer look at the VisionTek GoDrive.