Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme
Features & Package
From Tuniq: "The performance king has returned! The much praised Tuniq Tower 120 has gone through a radical redesign and not only looks cooler but its performance has been boosted. The unique wave-like fins display a tremendous visual impact and increase the air-contact area for an unprecedented thermal performance. The nickel-plated surface combined with the LED fan creates a breath taking visual effect. To ensure that the maximum cooling performance is obtained, we have also included our highest performing thermal compound, the TX-3. Furthermore, our unique adjustable fan controller places the control in your hands.
The features for Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme are as follows:
- H.D.T. (Heat-pipe direct touch) technology
- Backplate and Spring screw to prevent M/B bended
- 3x8mm dia + 2x6mm dia heatpipes
- Nickel plating on heatpipes
- Silent 120mm Fan MFDB (Magnetic Fluid Dynamic Bearing)
- Passive cooler design with option of fan installed
The specifications are as follows:
- Compatibility: AMD 754/939/940/AM2/AM2+, Intel 775/1366
- Heatpipes: 3 pcs. @ Φ8mm, 2 pcs. @ Φ6mm
- Material: aluminum, copper heatpipes (nickel coated)
- Fan Airflow: 90.65 CFM (Max)
- Fan Speed: 1000~2000 RPM
- Fan Noise: 16~20 +/- 10%dBA
- Dimensions: 131(L) × 112.31(W) × 150.7(H)
- Weight: 775g (without fan)
One thing that stands out here is the fan speed versus noise levels: 90cfm at only 20dBA? Certainly not in real-world use from our experience. Moving that much air is usually not silent. Not to worry, we’ll check during testing.
The packaging of the cooler is very sleek, black and blue, and setting the aesthetic tone for what’s to come inside the box. There is adequate information to let you know the basics about the product, and comes with a carrying handle at the top. Opening the box, the accessories are quite extensive and well-made, with the necessary mounting brackets for various AMD and Intel sockets, installation manual, TX-3 thermal paste, and fan speed controller. The thermal paste and fan controller are welcome inclusions here, and definitely add to the overall value of what you get in return for your $60.
Here we see the packaging and accessories of the 120 Extreme:
Let’s take a closer look at the heatsink itself.