Silverstone Kublai KL03
Features & Accessories
According to Silverstone:
Silverstone’s third Kublai mid tower chassis is made for aficionados and serious computer users that require a high level component with no trade-offs for cooling and quietness. Following the designing concept of previous chassis from Kublai series, the KL03 also possess many features borrowed from the Temjin series. Constructed using steel and aluminum, this chassis strikes a great balance between external aesthetics and excellent structural rigidity. With blue LED ring adorning a shield-shaped extruded aluminum panel and sleek hair-line surface, a noble appearance matches perfectly with the functional design that Silverstone’s engineers have devised. The interior and cooling layout gives option for 120mm side fans (side panel), which can further elevate the performance level of KL03, making this chassis a great choice regardless of the intended application.
Below are the features for the KL03:
- Longer mid-size tower chassis design for all around integration
- Temjin quality aluminum front door finish and construction
- Dual 120mm fans included for excellent cooling
- Perforated expansion slot cover for improved graphics card cooling
- Optional 120mm side fans for graphics card cooling
- Front door and panel with vents for better cooling performance
- Hot-swappable hard drive cage
- Tool-less design
Below are the specifications for the KL03:
- Model: SST-KL03B (black)
- Case Type: Mid Tower
- Dimensions:220 mm (W) x 524 (H) x 594 mm (D)
- Material: 2.5mm aluminum front door, 0.8mm SECC body
- Color: Black
- External 5.25"drive bay: 4
- 3.5 inch drive external: 1
- 3.5 drive bay internal: 6
- Expansion slots: 7
- Motherboard: M-ATX / ATX
- System fans: 120mm @ 1200 RPM rear, 120mm @ 1200 RPM front, 2x120mm optional side
- I/O Ports: USB 2.0 x 2 / IEEE1394 x 1 / HD+AC97 Audio
The KL03 is well packed and we know this is very important because the last thing you want to do is carry this 15 minutes from your mailroom in college back to your dorm when there’s ice on the ground (not like I know what that’s like).Then when you open it and find there is something wrong or it is scratched because it wasn’t packed well enough and have to ship it back . Thankfully this wasn’t the case when I opened it, and I saw a solid cardboard box with Styrofoam and plastic coverings to ensure it’s safely protected and arrived unharmed.
The box itself is pretty standard and shows you pictures of the case on the front in black, and silver which are your color options. On the back you see a Isometric view of the case seeing inside of it as well as some features. On the side you will see the specifications including things like dimensions and weight. The accessory package here is adequate, providing all the necessary items for your build.
Let’s take a closer look at the exterior now.