Features and Package
The features for the Scythe Susanoo are as follows:
D.B.S (Double Block Structure)
By splitting the heatsink fin and heatpipe structure into 2 layers, 6 heatpipes at the bottom part + main heatsink fins to absorb the heat as a primarily stage, then the upper 6 heatpipes and sub heatsink fins to absorb the rest of the heat to create the ultimate cooling solution. Total 12 heatpipes are used in this super ultra-sized dimension heatsink, challenging the limit of the top-flow heatsink performance in the market!
W.A.M.S (Wide Area Multi Fan System)
All components around the CPU socket, including MOSFET, Northbridge, VGA, as well as RAM, this super ultra-sized heatsink can cool the entire devices in your PC! By using the build-in fan controller, this cooler can meet the demand from silent to high-performance users!
F.M.S.B.3 (Flip Mount Super Back-Plate 3)
Improved Scythe original back-plate names F.M.S.B.3 (Flip Mount Super Back-plate 3), the compatibility has been maximized as well as achieving the solid mounting of the cooler onto the motherboard.
- Model Name: Susanoo CPU Cooler
- Model No.: SCSO-1000
- Manufacturer: Scythe Co., Ltd. Japan
- Compatibility: Intel®: Sockel T / LGA775, Sockel LGA1155, Sockel LGA1156, Sockel LGA1366, AMD®: Sockel AM2, Sockel AM2+, Sockel AM3
- Dimensions: 210 x 210 x 160 mm / 8.27 x 8.27 x 6.30 in
- Weight Included Fan: 1,565 g / 55.20 oz.
- Accessory: Back-Plate, Mounting Screws, Metal Assembly Clips, Pair of Fan Clips, Thermal Grease, Plastic Spacer, Rubber, Installation Guide
- Material of Base Plate: Nickel-plated copper
- Model Name: Slip Stream 100 mm
- Fan Dimensions: 100 x 100 x 25 mm / 3.94 x 3.94 x 0.98 in
- Fan Speed: 500 rpm (±30%) ~ 2,000 rpm (±10%)
- Noise Level: 9.42 ~ 37.69 dBA
- Air Flow: 50.05 ~ 200.21 CFM = 85.03 ~ 340.14 m³/h
- Voltage Range: 12 V
The packaging of the Scythe Susanoo is medium in size and colorful. The front displays the picture of this unique heatsink and tells the multi platform capabilities. The sides list the features and have a lot of Japanese writing on it. Hey, the company is from Japan and the name is Sasanoo. Very ninja-esque.
There are a small scattering of parts. Included is the plates for Intel LGA 1366, socket 1155/1156, socket 775 and AMD Socket AM2/AM3 and AM3+. The backplate accommodates all platforms. We also see screws, rubber washers, thumbscrews, push pins and the instruction booklet. Pretty straightforward.
Let’s take a closer look at the cooler.