Scythe Mine 2
Features and Package
From Scythe: "The Mine 2 high-end CPU cooler is equipped with eight heat pipes, which are arranged in a double-tower design. Intake airflows as well as exhale airflows are optimized to provide the maximum performance at overclocking the CPU. New back-plate F.M.S.B.3 is attached for a stable and save mounting on the motherboard. The Slip Stream 140 PWM & V.R. fan allows the users to choose the PWM function or V.R. (manual fan controller) mode to fulfill from the silent operation to high performance operation. Up to 3 fans can be mounted onto this heatsink."
Mid Ship Layout & Multi Fan Mount Structure
By placing the fan in between the 2 heatsink tower, intake airflows as well as exhale airflows are optimized to provide the maximum performance. Furthermore, the lower part of the installed fan is designed to cool the devices around the CPU socket, such as VRM. By purchasing the separately sold fan clips, up to 3 fans can be mounted onto this heatsink.
Improved Scythe original back-plate names F.M.S.B.3 (Flip Mount Super Back-plate 3), the compatibility has been maximized as well as achieving the solid mounting of the cooler onto the motherboard.
Slip Stream 140 PWM & V.R.
Users can select to choose the PWM function or V.R. (manual fan controller) mode to fulfill from the silent peration to high performance operation. By turning the build-in controller knob towards low or high position, users can adjust the PWM speed operation range or the manual fan controller speed range as mentioned on the specifications.
- Model Name: Mine 2 CPU Cooler
- Model No.: SCMN-2000
- Manufacturer: Scythe Co., Ltd. Japan
- Compatibility: Intel: Sockel T / LGA775, Sockel LGA1155 , Sockel LGA1156 , Sockel LGA1366. AMD: Sockel AM2, Sockel AM2+, Sockel AM3
- Dimensions: 130x 143 x 160 mm / 5.12 x 5.63 x 6.30 in
- Weight Included Fan: 1,150 g / 40.57 oz.
- Accessory: Back-Plate, Mounting Screws, Metal Assembly Clips, Pair of Fan Clips, Thermal Grease, Rubber, Installation Guide
- Material of Base Plate: Nickel-plated copper (more information)
- Model Name: Slip Stream 140 PWM & V.R.
- Model No: SM1425SL12HPVS
- Fan Dimensions: 140 x 140 x 25 mm / 5.51 x 5.51 x 0.98 in
- Fan Speed: PWM Max. Band 650 (±250) ~ 1,700 rpm (±10%), PWM Min. Band 500 (±250) ~ 1,200 rpm (±10%), V.R. Band 500 (±250) ~ 1,700 rpm (±10%)
- Noise Level: Max. Band 12.4 ~ 36.4 dBA, Min. Band 9.6 ~ 23.2 dBA, V.R. Band 9.6 ~ 36.4 dBA
- Air Flow: Max. Band 35.36 ~ 92.4 CFM = 60 ~ 157 m³/h, Min. Band 27.2 ~ 65.2 CFM = 46.2 ~ 111 m³/h, V.R. Band 27.2 ~ 92.4 CFM = 46.2 ~ 157 m³/h
- Input Power: 4.2 W
- Input Current: 0.35 A
- Voltage Range: 12 V
The box of the Scythe Mine 2 is not large but colorful as usual and very Ninja-esque with Japanese writing. The front of the box graphically pictures the Scythe Mine 2 and lists Intel LGA 775, LGA 1366, socket 1155/1156 and AMD AM2/AM2+/AM3 and although not listed will be AM3+ compatible. The back and sides list some of the features and parts.
Included are the plates for Intel Sockets LGA 1366, 1155, 1156, and 775. On the AMD side of things, included are mounting hardware for Sockets AM2/AM3 and AM3+. The backplate essentially accommodates all modern platforms. We also see screws, rubber washers, thumbscrews, push pins and the instruction booklet.
Pretty straightforward stuff here, so let’s move onto the cooler itself.