Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B LGA1156
Specifications & Package
According to Prolimatech, here are the major features of the Megahalems Rev.B:
"Intel released the long-anticipated Socket 1156. In following pursuit, Prolimatech released the bigger and better version of the Megahalems. Now it comes with extra set of fan clips for even better cooling results. It also includes the new all-in-one backplate for an easy, convenient installation on Intel Socket 775, 1156, and 1366. Also added to the upgrade package is the new material for the top fin on this “Mega” heatsink. This particular fin is made of all stainless steel. Its main features incorporate a greater resistance to accidental scratches and oxidation. For regular maintenance, all you have to do is lightly polish it with a soft cloth so you?ll always have that new out-of-the-box shiny looks; great for showing off at LAN parties and to your friends!"
- Top fin made of scratch-resistant Stainless Steel to preserve shine.
- Minimal air resistance between fins allowing best balance between noise and performance in range of 800-1200RPM. For all out performance, fan RPM at 1600 or above is recommended.
- Heatpipes are lined up in a straight line to prevent air back draft allowing air to easily pass through the heatsink body.
- Wide gaps between fins with mathematically calculated thickness to maximize best air-to-surface cooling rate.
- Easy-to-install retention mechanism for LGA 775, 1366, and 1156.
- Includes easy-to-apply high grade thermal compound, a perfect sidekick to all Prolimatech heatsinks.
- New Universal Backplate to support all Intel platforms.
- Two sets of fan clips for a duo-fan installation.
- CPU Compatibility: Intel LGA 775,
- Dimensions (H x W x D): (L)130mm X (W)74mmX (H)158.7mm (no fan)
- Weight: 790g (no fan)
- Heatpipes: 6mm x 6pcs
- Suggested Fan : 120x120x25mm
The packaging of the cooler is your standard cardboard box. The colours of the box are brown and white lettering, and there is a line diagram on the front which gives a glimpse of the cooler, and basic product information on the side. When you open the box you will see that the cooler and fan are packed in an internal cardboard box and bubble wrap to protect it nicely during transport.
The accessories here are quite extensive. Prolimatech has included a large tube of their thermal compound, as well as the all the necessary mounting brackets for various Intel sockets, fan clips, installation manual, and a universal backplate. AMD mounting hardware is not included here, but is optionally available at retailers for an additional cost. The installation manual is quite well-written and easy to understand.
Here we see the packaging and contents of the Megahalems Rev.B:
Let’s take a closer look at the heatsink itself.