Features and Accessories
According to Prolimatech, here are the features and specifications of the Genesis:
- High clearance for better motherboard compatibility.
- Massive cooling range; cools not only CPU but also MOSFET and RAM.
- Cooler surrounding temperature allowing more stable environment for higher overclock.
- Takes both 12 and 14cm fans for a maximum installation of 3 fans.
- Six high quality heatpipes for effective heat transfer.
- Lightweight at 800g (without fans) in the high-end class.
- Intel and AMD platform supported. All mounting hardware is included
- Dimension: (L)146mm X (W)216.5mm X (H)160mm
- Weight: 800g (without fan)
- Suggested Fan: 120x120x25mm, 140x140x25mm
- Suggested Fan Speed: 800 – 1600 RPM
- Heatpipe: Ø 6mm x 6pcs
- Socket Compatibility: Intel 775, 1366, 1156, 1155 / AMD AM2, AM2+, AM3
The box for the Genesis is larger in size with a neat carrying handle. Proudly displayed on the front is the Prolimatech logo and the Genesis label done in green hues. The compatible sockets are easily visible which includes socket 775/ 1366/ 1156, AMD socket AM2/AM2+/AM3 motherboards. The side panel list the specifications and dimensions.
The accessories come in a separate box and are neatly organized in multiple ziplock bags. The bags are flimsy and difficult to open without tearing them.
The Vortex 14 fans are rated at 1000 +/- 100 RPM’s. They output a maximum of 87 Cubic feet per minute(CFM) but operate at a quiet 18.1dBA(decibels) which should provide ultra quiet operation.
Let’s take a closer look at the heatsink itself.