PREVIEW: Lancool PC-K58 Dragon Lord
Features & Package
Below are the features and specifications for the PC-K58:
- The Dragon Lord K58 is targeted for the LAN party gamers. It is a mid-tower case, which is ideal for the latest graphics cards in combination with the best thermal dynamics. All the internal installation can be done without tools, and is easily adjustable to optimize your hardware setup. Especially in the advent of adding in new graphics cards, equipped with 8 PCI slots, can hold three or more graphics cards, supports CrossfireX? and 3-way SLI?.
- The new internal layout has the motherboard on top of the power supply unit, which allows for easier access to the motherboard as well as more room above, thus larger CPU coolers can be used. The power supply unit at the button of the case is cooled with fresh cool air directly from the outside of the case, instead of pre-heated air from within. This will bring down the core temperatures and extend the lifespan of the PSU significantly.
- “Quality” is always the essence of Lancool’s products, All products are manufactured in Taiwan and distributed to worldwide markets.
- The Dragon Lord K serires builds LanCool?s high standard of Quality requirement. This SECC steel cases with completely tool-less design are the perfect complement to a PC gamer?s needs.
- There is a jointer for joining the front panel to the chassis, for easy removal and attachment of the front panel, and it will also lower the vibration noise
- The cutting edge tool-less design is an important key feature in 2009 LanCool cases. LanCool designer considered end user requirements, like those who need to build systems faster, or swap out components often. The brand new tool-less modules can make users? life much more convenient.
- To install motherboard require no tools, use tool-less screw to screw a motherboard on case, easily and quickly.
- Model: PC-K58
- Case Type: Mid Tower
- Dimensions: 214mm x 496mm x 498 mm (W, H, D)
- Front Bezel: Plastic
- Color: Black
- Material: CECC Steel
- Side Panels: CECC Steel (optional Transparent Window)
- External 5.25"drive bay: 5
- 3.5 inch drive external: 0
- 3.5 drive bay internal: 4
- Expansion slots: 8
- Motherboard: ATX / M-ATX
- System fans:
Front: 140mm @ 1000 RPM
Rear: 120mm @ 1500 RPM
Top: fans require special mounting kit (Optional – OF-01)
- I/O Ports: USB 2.0 x 2 / HD+AC97 Audio
The Dragon Lord comes in a black and red box that matches Lancool’s website theme. There is a large photo of the case and a bunch of smaller ones along the front, and the front and rear are basically identical. Features and specifications are also displayed, and the case is carefully packed and held in place reasonably secure for shipping, using traditional rigid styrofoam supports on each end. The accessories package includes a full complement of screws, clips, brackets, and fan pin-to-Molex converters, but strangely there is no installation manual. Heading to Lancool’s website shows the same problem, as the noted PDF file is shown but is not a clickable link. Hopefully this is updated in the near future.
Let’s take a closer look at the exterior now.