PNY Verto GeForce GT 520
Features and Specifications
The GeForce GT 520 is based on the GF119 core, which looks eerily similiar to only half of a GF108, so we’re at the bottom rung of the Fermi ladder here. Accordingly, the GF108 chip includes 48 shaders, and is paired with 1GB of DDR3 here.
Inherent to budget gaming graphics cards is the fact that they are a great fit for home theater and media PCs. Onboard video generally does not provide the advanced capabilities that a discrete card does, even a budget one such as the GT 520. So the hardware acceleration capabilities for high definition format is an important option here, as the PNY GT 520 primarily serves an HTPC market.
The features and specifications of the PNY GeForce GT 520 1GB are below:
- Microsoft® DirectX 11 Support
- NVIDIA CUDA™ Technology – with CUDA C/C++, DirectCompute 5.0 and OpenCL Support
- NVIDIA PhysX Technology
- PCI Express 2.0 Support
- Dual Link DVI-I Connector
- One HDMI Connector
- Dual Link HDCP-Capable
- OpenGL 4.1 Support
- 1024MB of DDR3 frame buffer memory
- 810 MHz core clock and 1620 MHz processor core clock
- 48 processor cores
- 14.35 GB/second memory bandwidth
- A texture fill rate of 6.5 billion/second
- An effective memory data rate of 1794 MHz
Let’s move onto the package and accessories that come with the PNY GT 520.