Patriot Inferno 100GB SSD
Features and Specifications
From Patriot: "The Patriot Inferno Solid-State Drive (SSD) is a great way to enhance the performance of your computer. When you make the upgrade from a standard hard disk to the Inferno SSD, your computer will boot-up faster, your applications and games will open quicker and your system will run quieter. Inferno is built around the SandForce SF-1222 SSD processor and designed for blazing performance with industry leading IOPS, offering up to 285MB/s read and 275MB/s write speeds. With native TRIM support, and integrated DuraClass�?� technology, Inferno maintains its performance over its life cycle and even extends the life of the drive. Inferno drives are also incredibly reliable and rugged: built with a durable and lightweight aluminum housing and NAND flash, Inferno SSDs have no moving parts making them more durable than traditional hard drives. Inferno SSDs are available in 100GB and 200GB capacities and offer a 5 year warranty."
- Maximum sequential read speed up to 285MB/s
- Maximum sequential write speed up to 275MB/s
- SandForce SF-1222 SSD processor paired with qualified MLC NAND flash for best performance, value and reliability
- Includes 3.5" bracket
- TRIM support (O/S dependent)
- DuraClass™ technology
- DuraWrite extends the life of your SSD
- Intelligent Block Management and Wear Leveling
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management
- Intelligent Recycling improves management of free space
- RAISE (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements)
- Intelligent Data Retention optimization
- Best-in-class ECC protection for longest data retention and drive life
- Power/Performance balancing
- SATA I/II interface
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- MTBF: > 1,500,000 Hours
- Data Retention: 5+ years at 25 C
- Data Reliability: Built in BCH 16-bit ECC & 24-bit ECC
- Operating Temperature: 0C ~ 70C
- Storage Temperature: -40C ~ 85C
- Shock Resistance: 1,500G (@ 0.5msec half sine wave)
- Vibration Resistance: 15G / 10 ~ 2000Hz w/ 3 axis
- 4K Random Write IOPS up to 14K / 4K Random Read IOPS up to 5K
- O/S Support: Windows® XP / Vista® / 7 / Mac® OS / Linux ** Capacities stated are unformatted. The total formatted capacity for the drive will differ, depending on the operating system and file system used.
- 5 year Warranty
It is worth noting there is the 5 year warranty offered by Patriot, as we’ve seen most companies offering only 3 years.
The box of the Inferno is rather stark, black with flame-colour name. Fairly straightforward, but you do see a glimpse of what lies inside; specifically, a red-coloured drive, unlike most other black or grey ones we see.
The rear of the box has the usual feature blurb and list of drive specifications, along with the model number, and so forth.
The accessories are adequate and there is thankfully a 2.5"-to-3.5" drive conversion bracket to fit into any cases that may not have native 2.5" drive cages available.
Let’s take a closer look at the Patriot Inferno 100GB.