OWC Mercury Electra 240GB
Features and Specifications
Below are the key features and specifications of the OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G 240GB:
- Controller: SandForce 2281 Series Processor with 7% Over Provisioning
- NAND: Asynchronous Tier 1/Grade A 2X-nm NAND Flash Storage
- Form Factor: Standard 9.5mm 2.5"
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s & 1.5Gb/s supported, SATA 3.0 Compliant
- Capacity: 240GB Unformatted Capacity
- Total Flash Memory Components: 256GB 16GB allocated to real-time data redundancy & error correction.
- Formatted Capacity: 223GiB
- RAID Support: Qualified for single drive and multiple drive production workstation RAID 1/SPAN usage.
- SMART Attributes: Standard
- Native Command Queuing: Up to 32 commands
- Manufacturer Model Number: OWCSSDEX6G240
- RoHS Compliant: Yes
- Format: Unformatted
Here are the detailed performance specifications as noted by OWC:
- Sustained Reads 6Gb/s (up to) 556MB/s
- Sustained Writes 6Gb/s (up to) 524MB/s
- Sustained Reads 3Gb/s (up to) 284MB/s
- Sustained Writes 3Gb/s (up to) 268MB/s
- Read Incompressible Data Rate (up to) 208MB/s
- Write Incompressible Data Rate (up to) 235MB/s
- Random 4K Read Up to 60,000 IOPS
- Random 4K Write Up to 60,000 IOPS
- Read Latency less than 0.1ms
- Write Latency less than 0.1ms
Let’s take a look at the drive.