OCZ Revo 3 X2 240GB
Specifications and Package
Below are the key features and specifications of the OCZ Revo 3 X2 240GB:
- PCI-Express SSD (PCle Gen2 x4) designed to deliver both ultra-high performance and affordability for high power users, multimedia designers, and workstation applications.
- Bootable drive (unique from competing solutions) so users can enjoy enhanced OS performance
- OCZ Super Scale storage accelerator enables scalable SSD performance and reduces the host CPU burden inherent to competing PCle solutions. This controller, combined with VCA 2.0, provides unique benefits to the user by allowing certain DMA and data management functions including OCZ‘s unique command queuing and queue balancing algorithms to be handled by the onboard processing core, resulting in higher drive performance and minimized burden on the host CPU.
- Utilizes OCZ proprietary VCA 2.0 (Virtualized Controller Architecture) which provides features including TRIM and SMART data monitoring. This follow up to VCA presents as a complete storage subsystem, but with an improved and expanded feature-set allowing users unprecedented flexibility and industry-leading performance and reliability.
- NOTE: Though the Rev03 card supports TRIM, because the architecture is based on SCSI, the Microsoft Windows StorPort architecture currently does not support either TRIM or SCSI UNMAP. As such, these commands are not generated by the OS, which of course prevents VCA from executing them. OCZ is working with Microsoft to have this functionality enabled as soon as possible.
- VCA 2.0 also provides a highly intelligent Complex Command Queuing Structure (CCQS) that utilizes both Native and Tagged Command Queuing. This is a unique technology that enables command switching and balancing based on OCZ‘s proprietary Queue Balancing Algorithm (QBA), which balances drive loading, while maximizing internal bandwidth for nearly linear performance aggregation.
- Implements multiple Sand Force 2200 controllers for greater performance and endurance.
- Cost-effective 25nm MLC flash with enhanced reliability
- Because of VCA, you can now secure erase the drive using OCZ toolbox.
- Be sure to install the Revo Drive 3 X2 into a PCI-Express Gen2 slot that has at least 4 lanes of bandwidth; some motherboards have x4 or x8 connectors with fewer lanes of signaling as well as Gen1 slots which also have less bandwidth.
- OCZ recommends using a single graphics card in the system to ensure that the Revo Drive is getting full PCI-Express bandwidth (some platforms prioritize graphics on the express bus).
- Available in 240GB, 480GB and 960GB capacities
- 240GB Part Number: RVD3X2-FHPX4-240G
- MSRP: $700
- PCI-Express Gen. 2 x4 interface
- Read: Up to 1500 MB/s
- Write: Up to 1225 MB/s
- Max Random Write 4KB (Aligned): 200,000 IOPS
- MLC NAND flash
- Full height form factor
- OCZ Super Scale Storage Controller
- Virtualized Controller Architecture 2.0
- Bootable as a direct-attach device
- 128-bit & 256-bit AES-compliant data encryption
- SMART monitoring
- 167.64 (L) x 98.42 (W) x 15.25mm (H)
- Weight: 114g
- Shock Resistance: 1500g
- Operating Temp: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Ambient Temp: 0°C ~ 55°C
- Storage Temp: -45°C ~ 85°C
- Power Consumption: 7.5W idle, 8.3W active
- MTBF: 1,000,000 hours
- 3-Year Warranty
- Compatible with Windows Vista 32/64, Windows 7 32/64
The box of the Revo 3 X2 is rather sleek and monochromatic, in a black box with blue and white lettering, with a photo of the drive on the front. The rear of the box has a bit more information about the basic features of the drive, along with another smaller imaget, and a few specifications such as capacity, speed, and such.
Inside the box is very minimal, just the dense packing foam and a user’s manual. And there’s a little sticker with some smack talk about how fast the SSD is. But is it smack talk if it’s true? In any event, it’s a simple package but the card is what we’re really interested in anyways.
Let’s take a closer look at the OCZ Revo 3 X2 itself.