OCZ Agility 4 256GB
OverviewHardware: Storage, HDs & SSDs
WHAT WE LIKED:Very fast, Excellent incompressible data results, Affordable, Full 256GB capacity pre-format
WHAT WE DISLIKED:Slightly shorter lifetime than premium SSDs, Need SATA 6G motherboard to use the full speed
Discuss in the Forum
Specifications and Package
Below are the key features and specifications of the OCZ Agility 4 256GB:
- Available in 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB capacities
- Interface: SATA 6Gbps / Backwards Compatible with 3Gbps
- Up to 1GB DRAM Cache
- Indilinx Everest 2 controller
- TRIM Support
- Slim 2.5″ Design
- 99.8 (L) x 69.63 (W) x 9.3 mm (H)
- Operating Temp: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Ambient Temp: 0°C ~ 55°C
- Storage Temp: -45°C ~ +85°C
- Low Power Consumption: 1.98W active,1.15W standby
- Shock Resistant up to 1500G
- RAID Support
- MTBF: 2,000,000 hours
- 3-Year Warranty
256GB Max Performance
- Sequential Read: up to 420MB/s
- Sequential Write: up to 410MB/s
- Random Write 4KB: 85,000 IOPS
- Random Read 4KB: 48,000 IOPS
Note that in order to achieve the full speed potential of the Agility 3, a 6Gbps native chipset is highly recommended. Also notice that the 256GB and 512GB versions offer the highest performance numbers, so there will be some difference if you opt for one of the smaller capacity versions. We’ve got the 256GB version today for testing, so you’ll see the maximum capabilities of the drive.
The packaging of the Agility 4 is essentially monochromatic, as we typically see from OCZ, finished in black and green, which is indicative of the Agility’s styling throughout various incarnations. To save on cost, OCZ has packaged the Agility 4 in a clear clamshell setup rather than a full cardboard box with inner foam like the Vertex 4, for example.
The rear contains a bit more essential information about the SSD.
Accessories contained within the box are very minimal, just a basic owner’s manual, warranty warranty information and a sticker that reads: “My SSD is Faster than your HDD” (not terribly difficult to do these days).
Let’s take a closer look at the OCZ Agility 4 itself.