NZXT Sleeved LED Kit
From NZXT:“The NZXT Sleeved LED Kit re-images the way enthusiasts sets up lighting inside the computer case. Traditionally, cold cathodes and even solid LED boards take up large amounts of space inside the case. Using sleeved wires paired with high density amount of LEDs, the NZXT LED kit allows users to hide lights between side panels and under components, creating an amazing glow effect. Lastly, the NZXT Sleeved LED Kit is paired with a three step light sensitivity and on/off light function via PCI keeping the LED kit stealthily hidden away while unused.”
Below are the features for the NZXT Sleeved LED Kit:
- Easy Management: Designed to take up minimal space and fit in narrow areas in any case, the Sleeved LED Kit provides numerous LEDs on one cable to simplify installation.
- 5 Kit Colors: Set the mood or mix and match with red, green, white, blue, or orange kits.
- Sleeved LED Kit comes in 2 lengths: 1m and 2m.
- 3-Step Light Sensitivity: Allows user to turn LEDs on high, medium, and low settings or turn off.
Below are the specifications for the NZXT Sleeved LED Kit:
- Brand: NZXT
- Model: Tempest EVO
- Case Type: Mid-tower
- Chassis Materials: Steel, Plastic
- Weight: 11.2 kg
- Drive Bays: 9 drive bays, 3 external 5.25", 1 external 3.5", 8 internal 3.5"
- Expansion slots: 7
- Motherboard Compatibility: E-ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX, Baby AT
- I/O Ports: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x eSATA, HD/AC’ 97 Audio/Mic
-Front: 1200mm included)
-Top: 2 x 120mm (1 Orange LED fan included)
The NZXT Sleeved LED Kit comes in a plastic cover, with a cardboard backing. The front of the packaging shows the kit itself while the back shows the color of the kit and all the optional color choices and kit lengths.
Taking a closer look at the components that comprise this kit we see that there is a control board which is used to power the LEDs, as well as control the brightness which gets mounted to an empty PCI slot on the back of your case. On the back of the control board there are two plug-ins one for power and one for the LED string.
Next we have the power cable and the small clips with the double sided tape to hold your string of LEDs in place.
And finally the string of LEDs, this kit comes in a few different assorted flavors; White, Blue, Orange, Red, Green and it also comes in one or two meter lengths.
Below we see the various colours available for the kit.
Below is an image of what the blue LED kit looks like when installed in a case. As you can see, the cable gives off a fairly strong blue ambient glow within the whole case to illuminate your components.