NZXT Sentry LXE
Features and Package
From NZXT:“The NZXT Sentry LXE re-images the way enthusiasts sets up lighting inside the computer case. Traditionally, cold cathodes and even solid LED boards take up large amounts of space inside the case. Using sleeved wires paired with high density amount of LEDs, the NZXT LED kit allows users to hide lights between side panels and under components, creating an amazing glow effect. Lastly, the NZXT Sentry LXE is paired with a three step light sensitivity and on/off light function via PCI keeping the LED kit stealthily hidden away while unused.”
Below are the features for the NZXT Sentry LXE:
- Intuitive Touch Screen LCD – Advanced, touch screen LCD displays temperatures in C/F, RPMs, along with the date, time, and day of the week. Users have the ability to switch the display off for complete darkness for more immersive gaming sessions
- Complete Control – 5 Temperature Probes keep tabs on thermals throughout the case while the 5 Fan controllers adjust the fans’ RPM speed for at least 10W per channel. Allows users to automatically adjust the fan speeds to correspond to a specific temperature, manually customize for extreme overclocking capabilities, or set to absolute silence
- Temperature Alarm – Instant notification if temperatures rise above a designated point
- Sleek Design – Brushed aluminum frame provides sleek aesthetics for any desktop.
- Rechargeable Battery – The Sentry LXE features a rechargeable battery for up to 500 times, keeping the LXE life time longer without the hassle of replacing batteries constantly.
Below are the specifications for the NZXT Sentry LXE:
- Fan Adjustment Range: 3.7V to 12V
- Fan Channel: 5 Max, 10Wper channel
- Temperature Module: Channel 5 Temperature Range 0 ~ 99℃ / 32 ~ 199.9℉
- Measurement Frequency: Every 2 Seconds
- Temperature Alarm Range: 30℃ to 90℃ (AUTO) Min 50%, Under 0-25℃，
- Fan RPM: 50% (MANUAL) Min 40% Auto
- Screen Size: 5.27 inches
- External Cable Length: 6.8 feet
Using a NZXT developed PCI board and external touch display, the LXE allows for more 5.25" bays freed up for other peripherals. Simply set the fan controller atop your PC or desktop and connect through PCI card interface.
The NZXT Sentry LXE comes in a primarily grey and white box with a picture of the Sentry LXE on the front. The back of the box gives a brief feature description in multiple languages, and the sides simply have the NZXT logo as well as the name of the product enclosed. The Sentry LXE comes very well packaged in a molded polystyrene so that there should be no movement during shipping.
Let’s take a closer look at the Sentry LXE.