NZXT Sentry 2
Features & Package
The NZXT Sentry 2 is an upgrade from the original Sentry, with PC gamers and enthusiasts as the target consumer, with several features that this user group should find useful.
Below are the features and specifications for the Sentry 2:
- Touch screen interface
- Five fan control through an intuitive interface
- Ultra fast selection and response time
- Display temperatures in both F and C
- Light switch turns off the meter when sleeping
- Automatic and manual modes of control
- Full compatibility with all types of fans using voltage control
- With a minimum of at least 10 Watts per channel, the Sentry 2 will support almost all high end fans
- Tuned accuracy with only a tolerance of one degree
- Sound alarm to alert when the temperature is over
- Stored settings, the Sentry keeps your settings even after power off
The outside packaging of the Sentry 2 is pretty much just what you would expect for a fan controller. A large (for the size of the box) picture of the product on the top, and a listing of the features on the bottom. Inside the box, the unit is packaged securely by way of Styrofoam blocks and is inside a static bag. There’s really not much short of stomping on the box that could mess it up on its way to your door.
Inside the accessories package there are mounting screws, adhesive tape for mounting the temperature probes, and an additional two additional temperature probes in case one of yours should malfunction. Replacing a temperature probe isn?t as easy as one might think though, as all of the connections to the PCB have glued in place. Still, it?s nice to know they are available if you need them.
Let’s take a closer look now.