NZXT Respire T40 CPU Cooler
WHAT WE LIKED:Great performance for the price, super easy installation, support for push/pull.
WHAT WE DISLIKED:Fan is loud on full blast, a bit on the large side for some motherboards and could interfere with RAM and/or Video Card installation
Discuss in the Forum
Specifications and Unboxing
Engineered for pure performance, the Respire Series is the newest line of CPU coolers offered by NZXT. The Respire T40 is a high-end CPU cooler incorporating patented four 8mm direct touch heat pipes applied using a patented manufacturing process that allows for the maximum amount of pipes in the minimum amount of area. This enables ultra-high thermal transfer performance. The exterior is well constructed and provides easy installation with two sturdy fan mounting kits, allowing you to install a push-pull configuration with dual 120 mm fans. The Respire T40 is compatible with any Intel and AMD socket and backed by a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty. With the Respire T40, vanquish heat without breaking the bank.
Respire T40 heatsink specs:
- Aluminum f ins / copper heat pipes
- 134(W) x 160(H) x 85(D)mm
- 4 x 8mm heat pipes
- 550g (heatsink), 750g (with fan)
- 0.4mm fin thickness
- 2.0mm fin spacing
- 120(W) x 120(H) x 25(D) mm
- 1800 ± 10% RPM (high)
- 1300 ± 10% RPM (with speed adapter)
- 2.26(H)/1.17(L) mm-H2O static pressure
- 68.8(H)/49.3(L) CFM
- 34.0(H)/24.5(L) dBA
- Sleeve bearing
- 3-pin connector
- 12VDC / 0.2A / 2.4W
Respire T40 Features:
- Stacked aluminum fins for maximum heat dissipation and anti-vibration rubber pads for sound absorption
- Equipped with one 120mm fan with fan speeds up to minimal 1300+/- 10% and high 1800+/- 10% RPM
- Heat pipes applied using a patented manufacturing process that allows for the maximum amount of pipes in the minimum amount of area
- Four 8mm direct touch heat pipes catalyzing heat transfer while providing super-efficient conductivity
- Includes two sturdy fan mounting kits with option for push-pull configuration with two 120mm fans
- Universally compatible to Intel Socket: 2011/1366/1156/1155/775 and AMD Socket: FM1/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2
- Backed by a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty
The front of the box shows a nice picture of the cooler as well as the model and some basic specs.
The back of the box shows more detailed images and delves a little deeper into the cooler’s features and specs.
One side of the box lists all the specifications for the enclosed cooler and its fan.
The other side gives some background on it and lists the compatible CPU sockets.
Once the box is opened, you’ll find the cooler with the fan pre-attached in a plastic tray. You’ll also find an instruction sheet and a plastic bag containing all of the hardware and brackets that are required for installation.
Once we pop the cooler out of its shipping tray we can take our first good look at it. The fan itself is a 120mm NZXT brand 7-blade variant and its cable is sleeved in high-quality black sleeving. Let’s take a closer look at it now.