NZXT Beta EVO
Features & Package
From NZXT: "The Beta EVO features the best airflow in its class, boasting two 190mm and one 120mm fans that churn out a combined 300 CFM. The Beta EVO’s pure aluminum design makes it a light and luxurious option for travel and LAN parties and the welded chassis enhances strength and support. Dual radiator support and full expandability with room for high performance 10.5″ cards, 4 hard drives, 3 5.25″ drive bays, and oversized heatsinks offer gamers and enthusiasts even more options to increase performance while a removable motherboard tray makes upgrades easy and painless."
Below are the features and specifications for the NZXT Beta EVO:
- Fits large 10.5" performance graphic cards
- Fits ATX Standard Motherboards and Power Supplies
- Expanded cooling directly cools video cards and CPU
- Support for up to 6 120mm fans with the option of dual 140mm at the top
- Screwless installation for hard drives and external 5.25" drives
- Black Internal finish for sleek look
- Meshed front panel allows for better airflow than traditional cases
- Superior wire management with bottom mounted :: PSU and CPU punchout for heatsink removable
- Removable PSU filter
- 180 degre-turned HDD for a cleaner internal finish and better wire management
- External Dual radiator support
- Top mounted USB/Audio for convenient usage
- Model: Beta EVO
- Case Type: Mid-tower
- Color: Black
- Size: 200 x 430 x 501 mm (7.87" x 16.9" x 19.7")
- Weight: 7.28kg
- External 5.25" drive bay: 4
- External 3.5" drive bay: 0
- Internal 3.5" drive bay: 5
- Motherboard: ATX / Micro-ATX / Baby AT
1 – 120mm front blue LED (included)
1 – 120mm rear (optional)
2 – 120/140mm top (optional)
2 – 120mm side (optional)
The Beta EVO arrived in a plain brown box, with only specifications and basic info on it. No picture of the case, no fancy designs. This is hardly a complaint, though. What we’re worried about here is the case itself, not the box. I like to keep boxes when I buy hardware, but I don’t put them on display, as there’s no reason to.
Packaged with the Beta EVO is the standard pack of screws, hard drive retention tools and the retention tools for the optical drives. I knew, from the get-go, that these were going to prove to be interesting to use.
Let’s take a closer look at the exterior now.