MSI Big Bang XPower
Here are the major features the Big Bang XPower has to offer, and we’ll discuss a few in greater detail later in this review.
- 8mm extra thick heatpipe.
- 60% thicker than traditional heatpipe.
- Thickest heatpipe used on mainboards.
- 50°C lower temperature.
- One second overclocking
- World’s first true overclocking processor
- 36% performance boost
- Overclock 4 core B-clock & Ratio by OC Genie
- Revolutionary SuperSpeed USB 3.0, 10x faster than USB 2.0
- Up to 5Gbps bandwidth, boost data transfer rate between PC and USB device
- Support next-generation SATAIII, up to 6Gbps bandwidth
- Double the data transfer rate of SATAII (3Gbps)
- Excellent energy-saving capability and offers high-computing performance.
- Provide superior energy-saving function and maintain an ultimate low temperature operation.
- Comes with three incredible features.
- Instant CPU Base Clock adjustment
- Hardware low latency control
- Attain hardware overclocking performance at all circumstances
- Provide CPU, VTT, DDR, IOH and ICH Voltage measure value
- Key part’s voltage measurement for all end-users
APS (Active Phase Switching)
- APS is Active Phase Switching is complete function to Control Power Demand With Switcing Dynamically, it’s for CPU, Memory and Chipset PWM.
- Saving Power under Variable Loading.
- Power Usage More Efficiency.
- With the ESD dual-current protection chip, USB Safeguard can ideally protect your motherboard from the potential damage caused by static electricity when inserting USB devices.
- MSI Power eSATA. Normally eSATA devices need extra power via an adapter or an extra USB cable. This combo port supplies the needed power, so no extra USB cable for power is needed. MSI Power eSATA is 8x faster in transferring data than normal USB ports.
- Faster and Flexible and instant
- If BIOS crashes, it still can boot from USB Drive
- Update BIOS from USB Drive by M-Flash Fucntion
Hi C Cap on PWM
- Hi-c CAP (Highly-conductive polymerized Capacitor)
- High voltage derating / heat resistance → higher over-voltage / overclocking possibility
- Best stability & long lifespan → Average life 44800 Hrs @ 85° chamber
Blu-Ray Audio Support
- The loss-less content protection technology with full-rate audio enjoyment from Blue-ray Disc
- Support for 24-bit / 192kHz sample rate offers high quality digital decoders and speakers
- Support 7.1 channels playback, plus 2 channels of independent stereo sound output (multiple streaming) through the front panel stereo outputs
- Easy connect to front panel & chassis cable
- 2x USB, IEEE 1394, front panel (JFP1/2)& audio(JAUD1) M-connector in the package
- Easy to tell the definition of each pin
Live Update 4
- Live Update 4 is a single utility software that automatically checks BIOS, driver and utility updates and installs for you , which can save your time for searching and lower the risk while updating.
- The MSI Live Update online is designed to automatically download and update the BIOS and driver when there?s a new version online. It helps reduce the risk of getting the wrong file and minimize the trouble of searching the files from MSI website.
Of these features, a few will be explore here in greater detail, but a few that also deserve mentioning tare the solid capacitors that improve power efficiency and extend the board’s lifespan, Direct OC allows dynamic overclocking control from within the Windows environment, and the OC Genie allows an autoclock of your system to enable in literally 1 second flat. M-Flash and M-Connectors allow for greater ease of use, and all of these, when used in conjunction with the V-Check Points voltage leads, are an enthusiast’s dream setup for tweaking and overclocking. Add in USB 3.0 and SATA 6G support, and this package makes the MSI Big Bang XPower one of the new breed of LGA1366 elite.
Each of these bring something unique to the user experience, so let’s move onto the specifications and then to the board itself.