Features and Package
From Mionix: “The AVIOR 8200 is a sleek rubberized 9 button ambidextrous mouse. The unique designed shape of the mouse allows for right or left-handed use, with either a full palm or claw grip. The 32-bit ARM Processor, the 8200 DPI laser sensor and the other high-end components, will ensure great power, accuracy and durability. Together with the software this provides access to customize the buttons, sensor, LED colors, advanced macros and profiles. While gaming you will feel the smooth, responsive and accurate quality of the AVIOR 8200.”
- Ambidextrous design
Supported shape for use by both right and left handed gamers.
- Palm or Claw grip
Suited to both claw and Palm grips
- Maximum grip
4 layers of rubber coating ensure a maximum grip and soft touch feel.
- Lightning fast processor
The 32bit ARM Processor running at 72Mhz is the powerful engine to power it all.
- 8200 DPI laser sensor
Remarkable tracking performance built for gaming.
- 128kb built-in memory
Bring your settings and recorded macros with you stored into one of 5 profiles.
- Customizable LED lighting system
Personalize your mouse with up to.16.8 Million color options.
- Stunning Lighting effects
Solid, Blinking, Pulsating and Breathing effects running single color or color shift.
- S.Q.A.T™ – Surface Quality Analyzer Tool
Surface Quality Analyzer Tool measures tracking quality of your gaming surface.
- In-game 3 step DPI adjustment
Set 3 DPI values and switch easily between them in-game.
- 9 fully programmable buttons
The buttons can be assigned to any key, mouse command or macro.
- In-game profile switch
Switch easily between stored profiles in-game.
- Adjustable polling rate
Tune it all the way up to 1000Hz and up to 1ms response time
Below are the specifications:
- 32bit ARM processor 72MHz
- Ambidextrous design, palm or claw grip
- Grip-friendly rubber coating
- 9 fully programmable buttons
- 3 step in-game DPI adjustment
- 2 integrated LEDs in 2 color zones
- Up to 16.8 Million LED color options
- Lighting effects: color shift, solid, blinking, pulsating, and breathing
- 128 kb built-in memory
- Large PTFE mouse feet
- Gold-plated, full-speed USB 2.0 connection with plug and play
- 2m long braided cable
- 8200 DPI gaming laser sensor
- Maximum tracking speed: 3.8 m/sec (150 ips)
- Maximum acceleration: 30g
- Data format: 16-bit for both sensor and USB
- Adjustable to 1ms response time
- Up to 12000 fps
- 10.8 megapixel per second image-processing power
The Avior 8200 is contained in a sleek black box that has a large photo of the mouse on the front and general product information and some detailed specifications on the rear of the box. The understated presentation here is appreciated, and Mionix appears to have mastered minimalist design on several fronts.
Once inside the box, there is only the mouse and a paper insert that directs you to the Mionix website for drivers. It’s also worth mentioning the Avior 8200 is entirely plug-and-play; you don’t actually need any drivers, so no worries about a useless mouse without an install disk. However, more customization is available if you download and install the drivers. We’ll look at this more closely in the Software section of this review.
Let’s take a closer look at the Avior 8200 itself.