Kingston HyperX Predator – 8GB Kit (2x4GB) – DDR3 2666MHz CL11 DIMM
Posted October 4, 2012 by James Baranski (Drdeath) in RAM
WHAT WE LIKED:Top shelf performance and overclocking to 2738MHz.
WHAT WE DISLIKED:Tall heat spreaders may pose a problem with large air coolers.
Discuss in the Forum
Features and Specifications
- JEDEC standard 1.5V (1.425V ~ 1.575V) Power Supply
- VDDQ = 1.5V (1.425V ~ 1.575V)
- 667MHz fCK for 1333Mb/sec/pin
- 8 independent internal bank
- Programmable CAS Latency: 9, 8, 7, 6
- Programmable Additive Latency: 0, CL – 2, or CL – 1 clock
- Programmable CAS Write Latency(CWL) = 7 (DDR3-1333)
- 8-bit pre-fetch
- Burst Length: 8 (Interleave without any limit, sequential with
- starting address “000” only), 4 with tCCD = 4 which does not allow seamless read or write [either on the fly using A12 or MRS]
- Bi-directional Differential Data Strobe
- Internal(self) calibration : Internal self calibration through ZQ pin (RZQ : 240 ohm ± 1%)
- On Die Termination using ODT pin
- Average Refresh Period 7.8us at lower than TCASE 85°C, 3.9us at 85°C < TCASE < 95°C
- Asynchronous Reset
- PCB : Height 2.122” (53.90mm) w/ heatsink, double sided component
- CL(IDD) 9 cycles
- Row Cycle Time (tRCmin) 49.5ns (min.)
- Refresh to Active/Refresh 160ns (min.)
- Command Time (tRFCmin)
- Row Active Time (tRASmin) 36ns (min.)
- Maximum Operating Power 2.400 W* (per module)
- UL Rating 94 V – 0
- Operating Temperature 0o C to 85o C
- Storage Temperature -55o C to +100o C
- *Power will vary depending on the SDRAM used.
Let’s take a look at the Kingston HyperX Predators up close.