Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB DDR3-2400
Posted May 7, 2012 by James Baranski (Drdeath) in RAM
Specifications and Package
Here are the specifications of the Kingston HyperX Genesis Quad Channel kit:
- Capacities up to 32GB
- Speeds up to 2400MHz
- Intel XMP 1.3 Ready; higher-performing frequencies, timings and voltage are attainable by simply enabling the XMP Profile
- HyperX Genesis Heat Spreaders provide greater heat dissipation to optimize memory reliability in high-performance systems
- Compatible; designed to work with Intel Core i7 3960X, 3930K and 3820 model processors
- Warranty: All Kingston memory modules are backed by a lifetime warranty.
- CL(IDD) 9 cycles
- Row Cycle Time (tRCmin) 49.5ns (min.)
- Refresh to Active/Refresh 160ns (min.)V
- Command Time (tRFCmin)
- Row Active Time (tRASmin) 36ns (min.)
- Power (Operating) 0.795 W (per module)The packaging is simple and looks good. It is typical of Kingston’s usual easy to open encasing. With a simple razor blade taken to one side, you have a fairly re-sealable package. The model number, frequency, Kingston HyperX logo and more is shown on the front.
Let’s take a closer look at these modules.