Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB
Features and Specifications
Below are the key features and specifications of the Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB.
From Kingston: "Budget-minded gamers and enthusiasts will benefit from the lower price of Kingston’s new HyperX 3K SSD. This solid-state drive combines premium 3000 program-erase cycle NAND with the second-generation SandForce controller. Its lower price means more users can experience ultra-responsive gaming, multitasking and multimedia computing power. 3K loads games and applications faster, increases frames per second (FPS) for an improved gaming experience and allows for quick transfers and edits of large media files. HyperX 3K provides high-speed SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) performance and blazing fast random and sequential read/write speeds. SandForce DuraClass technology provides the latest data integrity protection for ultimate endurance over the entire life of the drive. HyperX 3K SSD comes in a sleek, black and aluminum case design, accentuating the look of any power user’s system. For added peace of mind, HyperX 3K SSD is backed by a three-year warranty and legendary Kingston reliability."
- SandForce controller technology
- High-speed SATA Rev 3.0 (6Gb/s) transfer speeds
- Advanced Wear-Leveling Technology
- User-Configurable Over Provisioning
- Performanceincredible speeds for enhanced productivity
- Reliable much less likely to fail than a standard hard drive
- Shock-Proofdropping your notebook no longer means losing your data
- Cool & Quietruns silent and with no moving mechanical parts to generate heat
- Innovativeuses NAND Flash memory components
- Supports TRIM enhances device wear leveling by eliminating merge operation for all deleted data blocks
- Supports S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology)
- Dimensions: 69.85 x 100 x 9.5mm
- Speeds: Sequential reads 555MB/s and Sequential writes 510MB/s
- Max Random 4K R/W: 86,000/60,000 operations per second.
- Capacities: 90GB, 120GB, 240GB, 480GB
Note that in order to achieve the full speed potential of the HyperX 3K, a 6Gbps native chipset is highly recommended. And after seeing what this drive can do, we daresay required if you want to see what it can really do.
Let’s take a closer look at the drive.