HornetTek D-Slim Portable DVD Drive
Specifications and Package
The specifications for the HornetTek D-Slim are as follows:
- Actual Size: 5.375"W x 6.0"L x .75"H
- Housing Material: Rigid Aluminum with back USB slot
- Product Weight: 1.75lbs
- Drive Interface: SATA
- EMI Control: CE/FCC Approved
- Interface: High Speed Plug and play USB 2.0
- Nero Burning Software: YES
- USB Powered: YES
- System Support Windows ME / 2000 / XP / VISTA / 7; MAC OS 9.x or above; Linux kernel 220.127.116.11 or above
Taking a look at the front of the box we see the drive itself surrounded in a black and grey outline with the gold and white logo from Hornettek. The back of the box gives a break down of the drives specifics in multiple lauguages, all the information you may need to make an informative decision.
Opening we can see that HornetTek packages their drive with two pieces of Styrofoam, one on the top and one underneath the drive to prevent damage during shipping, accessories are also placed in a separate compartment alongside the drive. Contents as stated include The D-Slim drive, a simple easy to read user manual, USB cable and bundled with Nero 8 Essentials Suite software.
Let’s take a closer look at the drive.