HEC 98 Series
Features & Package
The features and specifications of the HEC 98 Series are as follows:
- Mesh Front panel and side cover design provides maximum cooling performance
- Supports up to seven 5.25" drives
- Supports up to five 3.5” drives
- Washable and removable dust filter
- Aluminum door
- Removable Motherboard tray for easy assembly
- 7x screwless for 5.25" drive bay
- 90 degree sideward and screwless HDD cage design
- Shockproof HDD tray design
- Toll free design for openning side cover conveniently
- Removable bracket for redundant power supply
- Top access for USB/ Audio/ e-SATA
- 1.0 mm Thickness
- ATX / MicroATX / SSI/ EEB/ CEB
- Ten expansion slots
- Width: 230mm (9.1”), Height: 530.8mm/596mm (20.9”/23.5”, without and with stand, respectively), Length: 539.75mm/571.5mm (21.25”/22.5”, with and without front door, respectively)
- 15.85kgs (34.77lbs)
Almost ironically, the HEC 98 Series arrived in a very plain and boring brown cardboard box, a box featuring the words “Computer Case // Best Choice” and a picture of the case. It’s apparent that most of the attention for this unit went into the case, and not the box. Unlike many case companies, HEC decided to let the case sell itself, rather than sell it via box. While a flashier box may have been nice, it certainly is not a requirement. The case was shipped between two Styrofoam brackets wrapped in a plastic sheet and also in a fiber sheet, doing a great job of protecting it from scratching and shipping damage.
Within the case were all of the screws, the hard drive trays, a 5.25” to 3.5” adapter for a card reader or floppy drive, a manual, and the screw-less expansion slot bay retention mechanism. Attached to the back of the case came the keys for the locking door, an interesting place to put them.
Let’s take a look at the exterior.