Specifications and Packaging
The Astrape we’re looking at is a Gold certified, 650w unit. Most of the specifications are pretty standard, but that warranty is pretty impressive. At 10 years, Gamdias is making a strong statement about its quality.
- 80 PLUS® Gold Certified up to 90% Efficiency
- 10 Years Warranty
- 100% Japanese Capacitors
- Fully Modular & Flat Cables
- One Touch to Easily Switch 26 Lighting Effects Including White Light, Neon-Flex RGB, Multi-color, and LED off
- 135mm FDB silent fan
- Multi-GPU ready：Support nVIDIA SLI and ATI CrossFire
- DC to DC design for steady voltage output and powerful single +12V rail
- Support ATX12V v2.4, EPS 2.92, ERP 2013 Lot6
- Complete protections: OVP, UVP, OPP, OCP, SCP, SP, ICP
- Face-up Placement for Better Cooling
- Silent mode
I know I harsh on my need to cover packaging, but Gamdias does take a unique approach to it. Well, to some extent at least. The company seems to use the box cover as the means for printing a manual as well. It intrigues me, and I think I like it for the time being.
Inside, we see a pretty standard method for protecting the Astrape. The actual unit is encased in foam, while the cables are neatly packaged in the storage pouch. Well done as usual for them.