Evercool Transformer 4 Plus
Features and Package
As previously mentioned, the heatsink itself has not changed. The Transformer 4 Plus features Heat pipe Direct Touch (HDT) technology which delivers better cooling than traditional heatsinks. The HDT touches the CPU instead of contacting a plate and dissipates the heat much better than having a barrier between the pipes and the CPU.
The features for Evercool Transformer 4 Plus:
- 4 heatpipes in 8mm, large aluminum fins with Heat Pipe Contact provide effective cool.
- All-in-one socket design for compatible with both Intel LGA 775/ LGA 1366/ LGA 1156 and AMD K8/AM2/AM2+/AM3.
- User can choose to install one or two 12cm silent fans(PWM Function) according user’s need to achieve great noiseless and cooling capacity.
- Brightly silver and solid appearance.
- Easy installation.
The specifications are as follows:
- Dimensions: 130 x 122 x 160 x mm
- Fan Size: 120 x 120 x 25 mm
- Material: Aluminum fin + Heat Pipe
- Bearing Type: Ever Lubricated Bearing (Long Life)
- Noise Level: < 17 dBA
- Rated Speed: 800 – 2200 RPM (PWM Function)
- Rated Voltage: DC 12V
- Weight: 843.5 g
The T4 + is packaged in transparent plastic. The slip card is very colorful and lists the features and specifications clearly on the back so the end user can easily read them before making the purchase. Most of the unit can be plainly seen inside with both fans attached and the chrome look boldly stands out attracting attention. All of the hardware(including multiple platforms) is packaged in a separate box, keeping the package very organized. Instead of supplying a generic looking installation guide, the slip card in the back of the package is bi-folded and the installation instructions are on the inside. They are easy to read with color photography provided for both Intel and AMD platforms. The included hardware fits both manufacturers’ platforms dating back to Intel Celeron and the AMD Sempron/Opteron days.
Let’s take a closer look at the heatsink itself.