Crucial m4 256GB
Features and Package
Below are the features of the Crucial m4 :
Hungry for more? The Crucial 4 SSD builds on the success of our award-winning, wildly popular Crucial RealSSD C300 solid-state drive by offering mobile and desktop users scorching-fast read and write speeds, groundbreaking SATA SSD computing, and unparalleled performance for the dollar.
Latest and Greatest
Designed for client computing, the Crucial m4 SSD delivers faster boot and application load times for mobile and desktop users alike. Low power, lightweight, and durable, it empowers high-speed synchronous MLC NAND, advanced controller technology, optimized NAND management, and the second-generation SATA 6Gb/s interface. Together, that technology dramatically improves data transfers for bandwidth-demanding applications.
- SSDs provide many benefits over traditional hard drives.
- Reduced power consumption
- Less heat generation
- Increased portability, lightweight
- No moving parts
- Rugged and reliable operation in even the most demanding operating environments
The Crucial brand of memory has long been synonymous with reliability and high-performance. Our expertise in NAND process technology enables us to optimize the performance and durability of Crucial solid-state drives.
Crucial m4 series employ a standard hard drive interface and dimensions, so it is an easy storage upgrade for most notebooks.
Below are the critical specifications for the m4:
- Capacity: 256GB (CT256M4SSD2)
- Maximum sequential read speed: 415 MB/s
- Maximum sequential write speed 260 MB/s
- Random 4K Read: up to 40,000 IOPS
- Random 4KWrite: up to 50,000 IOPS
- SATA III 6Gb/s connectivity
- TRIM support (O/S support required)
- 2.5" form factor
- 3 year Crucial Warranty
Taking a quick look at the packaging, the box of the m4 is very sleek and monochromatic in a blue and white design, which is quite a change from the brown package of the previous-gen C300.
There are no accessories to speak of upon opening the box, just the packing box and the SSD itself.
Let’s take a closer look at the Crucial m4 256GB.