Corsair Carbide 500R
Specifications and Package
Features for the Corsair Carbide 500R include:
- Side panel with mesh fan mount locations
- Four 5.25” drive bays
- Six 3.5” hard drive bays with 2.5” compatibility
- Eight expansion slots
- Supports most 240mm dual radiators (15mm spacing)
- Two-year warranty
- MB Support ATX, mATX
- Form Factor Mid-tower
- Material: Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces
- Cooling(x6) 120mm/140mm fan mounts, (x4) 120mm fan mounts, Includes (x1) 200mm side panel fan, (x2) front-mounted 120mm fans, and (x1) rear 120mm fan
- Power Supply ATX (not included)
- Front I/O panel contains:
- Two USB 3.0 connectors
- One Firewire connector
- 3.5” headphone and microphone connector
- Power and reset switches
- Fan LED on/off switch
- Dimensions: 20.5” x 8.1” x 20”
- Supports graphics cards up to 452mm in length (with hard drive cage removed)
- Multi-channel fan controller
- Six 120mm/140mm fan mounts
- Four 120mm fan mounts
- Includes a 200mm side panel fan, two front-mounted 120mm fans, and one rear 120mm fan
Sturdy packaging is a must in the PC component industry, as more than 60% off all PC components are purchased online. So what do you really need to package a product to make sure it makes it to its destination unscathed? A cardboard box and filler that will not let the product move, and will provide dampening effects from “accidental” drops it might be subjected to. The Corsair 500R arrived in the box you see here today. It’s barely touched on the outside, though you might not be so lucky. Needless to say, the interior must be well protected.
On the front side of the box you will see the stamped logo of the Corsair Carbide 500R logo and picture of the chassis. There is some small text on this one side that goes to describe the case and its features.
Around to the back side you will see images of Corsair’s chassis features and its versatility and how easy it will be to transform this case to your own personal rig.
The accessories box is packed nicely as you see here in the 3.5” bay. Here is what is included in this box: USB 3.0 converter cables, screws, tie-wraps and the usual suspects of standoffs and screws.
Now let’s move to the exterior and see what this chassis has to offer.