CoolIT Domino A.L.C.
Features & Packaging
The features of the CoolIT Domino are as follows:
- Simple Installation ? Compact and light plug and play design with an innovative retention mechanism allows for quick installation into even the most crowded chassis supporting a 120mm fan. Domino ALC is universally compatible with Intel and AMD processors including Intel?s next generation Nehalem-based Core i7 processors.
- Advanced Control and Configuration? Configurable options range from whisper quiet operation to extreme cooling for overclocking?all at the touch of a button. The micro-controller auto-regulates the system in all modes of operation to ensure continuous protection.
- Intuitive LCD Display ? Conveys system status and issues a visual/audio alert notifying the user should the system require attention
- Whisper Quiet Operation ? Allows gamers to hear their games?not the cooler
- Highly reliable ? Advanced design and highly reliable components provides over 50,000 hours of maintenance-free quiet cooling
- Other Benefits ? High efficiency design allows for minimal power consumption (8W max). Lightweight build places up to 80% less weight on the motherboard than heat sink/fan solutions thus removing risk of damage to vital components
The specifications are as follows:
- Socket Type: Intel LGA775 & LGA1366; AMD AM2+
- Fluid Heat Exchanger Material: Copper Micro-Channel
- Fluid Heat Exchanger Dimensions: 50 x 50mm
- Fluid Heat Exchanger Weight: 122g
- Fan Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 25mm
- Fan Speed: 1030 – 2550 RPM
- Fan Noise Level: Quiet – 19.2dBA; Performance – 26.2dBA; Full Performance – 39.4dBA
- Fan Connector: 3-pin
- Radiator Dimensions: 157 x 133 x 25mm
- Radiator Weight: 228g
- Total Weight: 562g
According to Geoff Lyon, CEO of CoolIT Systems, “Domino was designed for the PC Gamer looking to build a high performance rig with maximum value. For the same cost as most heatsink/fan combinations, PC Enthusiasts can now have an advanced liquid cooling solution that maximizes CPU performance, minimizes noise and facilitates complete domination in the gaming arena of choice.
Domino’s unique value proposition to deliver gamers the ultimate CPU performance enhancement at an affordable price was recently recognized by the Consumer Electronics Association with the CES Innovations Honoree Award in the field of Computer Peripherals. According to CES, “The Innovations Design and Engineering Awards program recognizes the most innovative consumer electronics (CE) products in the industry’s hottest product categories. Innovations have become a hallmark for the best designed products in consumer technology.”
The Domino’s package is a simple cardboard box with some general information on it. It’s nothing terribly fancy but it does look good and is informative. On the top right you will see the International CES 2009 badge where CoolIT won a design and engineering award for this product. Then on one side there are a few icons followed by short bullets to explain an advantage or a function of the device. On the back it shows you what it will look like in your case and other small tidbits of information.
When you open the package you’re faced with plastic molding that holds the Domino in place for safe handling. The package also includes the standard accessories for mounting this hardware. Included is Intel/AMD mounting hardware for different sockets. A bag of screws for installation is also included as well as a well-illustrated instruction manual. And thankfully we can inform you that the Domino comes ready for 1366 socket for your new Core i7. Now let’s see if this thing is made tough and is better looking than the other Domino Kiera Knightley (we probably know the answer already but let’s move ahead anyways).
Let’s take a closer look at the unit itself now.