Cooler Master HAF-X
Features & Package
Below are the special features for the Cooler Master HAF-X:
- SATA Dock for easy installation without the need of removing side panel.
- USB 3.0 on front I/O panel.
- Air duct to cool the latest graphic cards.
- Up to 1 x 230 mm red LED fan and 3 x 200 mm fans.
- 9 slots support 3-way and 4-way SLI, and Quad CrossfireX.
- Adjustable VGA card holder to support heavier GPU cards.
- Power supply partition to conceal cables.
- Advanced cable management with rubber grommets.
- Spacious interior for larger component parts.
- Rugged black coated interior.
- GPU air duct with fan for SLI cooling (a 150cfm fan is recommended to be installed by NVidia for cooling GTX 480 SLI).
Below are the specifications for the Cooler Master HAF-X:
- Model: RC-942-KKN1
- Material: Steel + Plastic
- Dimension: Main unit: 230 x 550 x 590 mm / 9.1 x 21.7 x 23.2 inch
- Weight: Net: 14.35 kg / 31.6 lbs. Gross: 16.08 kg / 35.5 lbs.
- Motherboard Support: Micro-ATX / ATX / E-ATX / XL-ATX
- 5.25" Drive Bay: 6
- 3.5" Drive Bay: 5 hidden
- 2.5” Drive Bay: 2 (converted from 5.25" drive bay)
- I/O Panel: USB 3.0 x 2, USB 2.0 x 2, Audio x 1, Mic x 1, e-SATA x 1, 1394a x 1
- Cooling System:
-Front: 230 x 30 mm red LED on/off fan x 1
-Top: 200 x 30 mm fan x 2 (one optional)
-Side: 200 x 30 mm fan x 1
-Rear: 140 x 25 mm fan x 1
-VGA Fan Duct: 120 x 25 mm or 120 x 38 mm fan x 1 (optional)
-VGA Holder: 80 x 15 mm fan x 1 (optional)
- Expansion Slots: 9
The first thing we noticed when we signed for the HAF-X at the time of delivery was that the box is quite small for a full tower chassis. The illustrations on the box are reminiscent of the previous retail packaging of the earlier HAF series cases with the exception of the “X” on all sides of the package.
There is an excellent assortment of accessories such as the GPU brace, optional wheels, and a very handy PSU to Motherboard power extension for those power supplies with shorter cabling.
Let’s take a closer look at the exterior now.