Cooler Master ATCS 840
Specifications & Packaging
Here are the features of the ATCS 840:
- ATCS 840 constitutes a classic all-aluminum design that builds on the legacy of the original ATCS design. The aluminum construction not only allows for a lighter weight but complements the thermal design seamlessly with three 230mm fans, dedicated air duct for graphics card cooling and HDD cooling module for superb cooling.
- Extra attention was paid to make sure this elegantly designed chassis is not only easy to install but easy to maintain. This includes: slide-out motherboard tray along with cut out CPU access for easy removal, tool-free HDD casing, and patented finger pressing 5.25" drive.
- Lastly, it gives users the freedom to choose any components they desire, as it supports the latest standards such as E-ATX and dual PSUs.
Below are the specifications of the ATCS 840:
- Model: RC-840-KKN1-GP (black), RC-840-SSN1-GP (silver)
- Material: Steel, ABS Plastic, Mesh bezel
- Dimension: (W) 9.57 x (H) 22.83 x (D)24.80 inches
- Weight: 13.25 kg (29.21 lbs)
- M/B Type: Micro-ATX / ATX / E-ATX
- 5.25″ Drive Bay: 6 Exposed (without the use of exposed 3.5 inch Drive Bay)
- 3.5″ Drive Bay: 6 Hidden, 1 Exposed (converted from one 5.25 inch Drive Bay)
- Cooling System:
Front: 230 x 30 mm standard fan x 1, 700 RPM, 19 dBA (included)
Top: 230 x 30mm standard fan x 2, 700 RPM, 19dBA (included)
Rear: 120 x 25mm standard fan x 1, 1200 RPM, 17 dBA (included)
Bottom: 120mm (optional)
HDD Module: 120mm fan x 2 (optional)
External Air Duct: 120mm fan x 1 (optional)
- Expansion Slots: Standard x 7, Special x 1
- I/O Panel: USB2.0 x 4; IEEE1394; eSATA; Mic; HD Audio+AC?97
- Power Supply: Dual Standard ATX PS2 / EPS 12V (optional)
The ATCS 840 comes in a very large, plain brown cardboard box, a definite departure from Cooler Master’s typically flashy black boxes, and certainly different from just about every other manufacturer for that matter. It looks as though Cooler Master has opted for something distinct, and this instance, has gone with a sort of retro-styled box. Ironically, the plain brown box with black printing stands out even more in a sea of loud and flashy packages, signalling perhaps something different lies inside as well. Let’s hope so.
The case is well protected inside, and after the unboxing, the accessories package is extensive and top-notch, as expected with a premium case. Included is a full manual, complete set of various screws, conversion plates (for a liquid cooling radiator setup), fan guard, zip ties of different sizes, GPU exhaust box, and an ATX power extension. Kudos to Cooler Master for including a cable extension, this is extremely rare to see but often very necessary for cases with bottom-mounted power supplies that are saddled with shorter cable lengths.
Let’s take a closer look at the exterior now.