Specifications and Package
Below are the specifications for the BitFenix Merc:
- Materials Steel, Plastic
- Color (Int/Ext) Black/Black
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 439 x 190 x 490 mm (ATX Mid Tower)
- Motherboard Sizes Mini-ITX, mATX, ATX
- 5.25” Drive Bays x 3
- 3.5” Drive Bays x 7 (1 x external)
- 2.5” Drive Bays x 1
- Cooling Front 2 x 120mm (optional)
- Cooling Rear 1 x 120mm (included) or 1 x 92/80mm (optional)
- Cooling Side Panel 2 x 120mm (optional)
- Cooling Top 2 x 120mm (optional)
- Cooling Bottom 1 x 120mm (optional)
- PCI Slots x 7
- I/O 4 x USB2.0, Audio
- Power Supply PS2 ATX (bottom, multi direction)
The Merc’s packaging is a plain brown box, as we’d expect from such an affordable case. There are basic specs printed on the right side, a designation of Alpha or Beta version on the left side, and key features are bolded around back. Crack the box open and you will find typical 3” Styrofoam seat cushioning protecting the Merc from most shipping abuses. Peel the Styrofoam off to find a large plastic bag covering the entire case, preventing small items inside the case from escaping or scratching the exterior surfaces.
The BitFenix Merc comes with a very minimal accessory package, but all the necessary parts for a system build are there. Wishful thinking would suggest we’d like to see a bit more, but we can’t complain for a $40 case. Thankfully BitFenix did include the long screws you will need for securing fans to the front of the hard drive rack. There are a few black zip ties tossed in for good measure as well.
Let’s take a look at the exterior of the Merc next.